Root and Memory problem

• Replies:9
Irene I.
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 19, 2013, 2:32:35 AM via Website

So... I bought an MT6575 processor phone...And tried to root it with MTK Droid Tools and SP tool... I read some instructions and flashed the memory (on the recovery writeback process,where the rom length was asked, I used the hex number found for the RECOVERY value on the scatter file I got).

I quietly messed up with the whole rooting thing and never was able to finish it (couldn't find how to enter cmw mode).

So... The phone is still working but it says that it doesn't have enough free space. It doesn't seem to be very important, but it still give a lot of notifications. It says that 123 mbs of the rom are used and only 4 are free and I have to delete some applications.. However I am not able to..Since the rom is still unrooted...

Can someone please help me with this? What shall I do? Flash the rom once again? But what hex value should I use??
The problem is all about the length of the rom I changed..Isn;t it?
I would be really grateful if someone could help me with this... I've been breaking my head about a week now... So could you please please kindly let me know what is wrong and how to fix it?
Thank you in advance!

— modified on Aug 19, 2013, 2:40:57 AM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Aug 19, 2013, 8:56:51 AM via App

I'm not familiar with the phone or rooting method, so some generic advice first. Do you have a custom recovery, i.e. is there an option or action when you reboot? On Sony phones it was to hold back while switching off, on HTC I it's volume down, etc. Or open a terminal on your pc and use 'adb reboot recovery' and see what, if anything, happens. If you have clockwork mod recovery ( cwm ) then try wiping the dalvik cache or if that doesn't work wipe the data partition. Don't wipe the system, or factory reset.

Sinkster

Irene I.

Irene I.

Aug 19, 2013, 12:15:53 PM via Website

Hello and thank you very much for your interest! I am glad someone responded!!
So, it seems like the rom problem just fixed itself. I repeated the rooting steps and the space error is gone.
As for the cwm mode... I am able to get the phone to the adnroid recovery mode (by pressing the power + vol buttons) but not to the cwm mode... Is there something I had to download to my phone in order to be able to?
Sorry if I sound like a complete noob (actually I have to admit I am!).

Thank you again for answering! :) :)

sinkster

Aug 19, 2013, 6:22:25 PM via Website

Yeah, cwm is a custom recovery. Stock recoveries only flash stock firmware (or what they're made to think are stock), whereas with cwm (clockworkmod) or twrp (team win recovery) then user items can be flashed. Like I said above, I'm no too familiar with your phone so I can only advise you rather than guide you step by step, but a custom recovery is normally installed using a fastboot command, i.e. when you're phone is in bootloader and connected to your pc. You'll need to check if there's one for your particular phone, don't flash just any MT6575 custom recovery, because it occupies a part of the system and there will be different partition sizes for yours.

Sinkster

Irene I.

Irene I.

Aug 19, 2013, 6:57:52 PM via Website

Thank you very very very much! I'll give the quick boot thing a try later today!
Anyway. thank you a lot for your interest and your quick replies!
I suppose that this topic can be closed now since you answered all my problems!
Thank you!! :) :)

sinkster

Aug 19, 2013, 11:38:13 PM via App

No problem. I'll leave the thread open for now in case you, or anyone else, need further advice. There's a lot of info about rooting and custom recoveries/roms online but remember that what applies to one model might not work properly on another no matter how similar they may seem, and may even damage your phone.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 72

Sep 19, 2013, 2:49:32 PM via Website

You may get some easy rooting tutorials over Google... Search there. It would be helpful enough.

Mark Line
  • Forum posts: 8

Sep 20, 2013, 9:18:46 AM via Website

STAR Galaxy Note come with the latest MTK MT6575 1GHz powerful processor.

haley01 wv
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 5, 2013, 9:47:41 AM via Website

Hello...I suggest you for getting some easy root and memory tutorial over Google and you will get good solutions. Thanks for sharing nice post.

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Oct 23, 2013, 8:03:12 PM via Website

Can you tell me what the specific phone model is? Usually there are much easier ways to root it than having to enter a hex number (I've never had to get down to command line, manual-entry stuff, at least). You mention the processor, but I'm not clear on if you mean the phone model or just hardware. I can help you out if you can give me a bit more background on the model and hardware.

--Joel

--I do a good impression of myself--