Can Whatsapp chats be transferred to iPhone?

• Replies:7
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Sep 10, 2013 9:58:05 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to transfer Whatsapp chats to iPhone, and if so, how?

I have backed up my Android Whatsapp folder and I have it on my PC now, but can it be restored to the iPhone?

I look forward to hearing from you, thanks!

Stefania

Deactivated Account

Sep 24, 2013 1:14:22 PM

I think it's just simple as installing that over iPhone. Just have a conversation backup on the app itself for now through the create backup in the app itself option. And then when you will install it over iPhone and register with the same number all the chats would be recovered. I did the same for mine.

Sep 24, 2013 1:34:14 PM

Olivia Wattson
I think it's just simple as installing that over iPhone. Just have a conversation backup on the app itself for now through the create backup in the app itself option. And then when you will install it over iPhone and register with the same number all the chats would be recovered. I did the same for mine.

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for trying to help! However, everybody else (on other forums) told me that it cannot be done because the two operating systems are different and do not recognize Whatsapp backup files. Did you really manage to recover all your previous conversations? From Android to iPhone? If you don't mind, would you explain the step-to-step process you used? Thanks!!! :bashful:

Sep 25, 2013 1:15:59 PM

HowDoYouAndroid.com
iPhone?? Wrong forum, mayhaps? ;)

No, I don't think so. Both Android and iPhone forums apply, since I went from an Android to an iPhone. Meybe some former Android user managed to do what I am trying to do and can help - this is my hope.

Thanks for your concern.

— modified on Sep 25, 2013 1:16:22 PM

Feb 10, 2014 4:57:47 AM

I think it's clear that periodically I will need to use iTunes for major updates of either the software or firmware to backup iPhone. In the mean time, given the software available to us through jailbreaking, I think I can realistically survive without it.

I am open to more suggestions!