I don't get it..

• Replies:10
  • Closed
Daniel P
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 11, 2013, 7:50:28 AM via Website

So I can't use my credit card atm because I've just recently moved to Taiwan, blah blah blah.

So I had to use paypal, I bought the swype keyboard no problem, though I had to prepay £5 to this website.... so i have £2 just sitting there in my account, every app i look at in 'Paid apps' just has 'Install' and takes me to the Play store, I thought this place was an alternative to playstore?

I want to use my balance to buy another app but it seems there's no way of doing it, am I missing something?

Daniel P
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 11, 2013, 3:57:12 PM via App

50 views no reply, hmm
I think I'll delete this piece of garbage and rate it one star. Thanks for the help.

Bunch of scam artists.

— modified on Sep 11, 2013, 4:01:58 PM

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 11, 2013, 9:25:39 PM via Website

Gone through the same thing not long ago. The majority of apps listed will shunt you to google play. In this forum, when I posted a very similar issue a while back (you can have a read if you like), ironically, no one wanted to answer my guestion either. Take it from me, it is very hard to find an app market that has no involvement with google. Doesn't mean they don't exist though. (unfortunately, I am not allowed to provide links here) Give me a little time, I would like to help.

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Amy R.

Sep 13, 2013, 1:13:09 AM via Website

Hi Daniel, not sure if you read the message I sent through your profile page on the 11th. From personal experience, SlideME is a good alternative. As far as I know, they do accept PayPal. They clearly state in their website if you need a google play account for certain app downloads (do to google licensing). Even with that involved, I never been shunted to google play once when using them. You might want to check them out.

Good Luck

Jason P.
  • Forum posts: 4

Sep 17, 2013, 7:47:45 AM via Website

I am having the same problem. The apps I already purchased from Android Pit take me to the Play Store now...???

I click "Install" in Android Pit, and it changes to "Favorite". WTH? Are my purchases no longer valid? If so, I won't be doing business with this site anymore.

— modified on Sep 17, 2013, 7:48:48 AM

Amy R.

Sep 17, 2013, 10:34:22 PM via Website

I know Jason. I originally installed the android pit app because I thought it was an alternative app market. Got rid of the app because I found out otherwise after using it. I can get apps elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, the forum is awesome. I just refuse to be shunted to Google Play by any app market, that's all.

Jason P.

Sep 17, 2013, 10:36:14 PM via Website

Amy R.
I know Jason. I originally installed the android pit app because I thought it was an alternative app market. Got rid of the app because I found out otherwise after using it. I can get apps elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, the forum is awesome. I just refuse to be shunted to Google Play by any app market, that's all.

Hi Amy, it's frustrating. I can't get the four apps I purchased from Android Pit now because the links in the app take me to the Play Store. I think I'll just email the developer for each. It's a pain, but they are apps I sue on a regular basis.

Amy R.

Sep 17, 2013, 10:58:12 PM via Website

That really sucks. Emailing the developer would probably your best bet, especially if money is involved. I'd hate to be in your shoes. It's really stupid though **I Don't Get It Either**. Christ, you can't even get their own app from them anymore. What's up with that?

:what: Customer response is overwheling when it comes to this problem. It really needs to get taken care of. :what:

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 18, 2013, 2:04:40 PM via Website

Hey guys, a quick note on the issues you're experiencing, it sounds like a simple case of mistaken identity. We have two apps: the Content app (the new version we launched just last week) and the older App Center app. In the new Content app you can't install apps directly, so if you try you will be redirected to the Play Store. App installs have to come from the App Center app. If you've already purchased apps from AndroidPIT you can still get updates, you just need to be using the App Center app to get them. You can no longer install apps from the AndroidPIT website either, so if you're seeing ''Favorite'' then you're either on the website or in the Content app, not the App Centre app. If you've uninstalled it and need to reinstall it you just need to go to androidpit.com/install

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Jason P.

Sep 18, 2013, 4:25:05 PM via Website

Hello Kris, thank you for the reply. Turns out that was the issue. Many people were having a similar issue. I didn't know there were two apps. The content app is the one that appears first in the Play Store.

Thanks again my friend, it's all sorted. =-}

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Sep 18, 2013, 5:07:55 PM via Website

Due to the fact that many are having a problem with the creation of the new content app, AndroidPIT App v.2.0 and the fact there now exists two apps (AndroidPIT App v.20 and AndroidPIT App Center app), we have opened a new Forum Category called ''AndroidPIT Support''.
Here you will be able to ask questions and learn about:

• ways to get help
  • the new app AndroidPIT App 2.0
  • the old App Center app
  • the website
  • payments
  • your user account.

All this in an organized and easy to navigate area of the forum.

This thread made us realize that more support was needed! So thank you for making us aware of this.

Cheers!