Are you using an Android launcher?

• Replies:28
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Sep 16, 2013, 2:24:19 PM via Website

Do you have a favorite Android launcher?
´
We compared Apex and Nova which are two similar launchers that offer a lot of customization options for the homescreen but not a lot in the way of themes and widgets.

Any suggestions for ones to use?

kate campbell
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 22, 2013, 10:20:04 AM via Website

Hi im using Buzz launcher and its brilliant, you can modify your home screens in anyway and use other peoples themes too. Well worth a try.

Marym Mahmoud

Jason Simon
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 22, 2013, 9:50:02 PM via App

I use 'next launcher'. I use it mainly due to the way I want me home screen to be set up.
You can have more than the regular 4 column grid, or 5 column which go launcher offers. And if you feel like doing something silly you can even stack the icons. Not sure why you would want to though.

Basically put, you can use it without the grid restrictions, resize widgets to your liking, customise icons etc.

Marcel Jennings
  • Forum posts: 56

Sep 24, 2013, 11:52:11 AM via Website

I don't really know what a launcher is? Is it just a different look for the home screen, like a theme???

rob d.

James Ahn
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 2, 2013, 4:37:41 PM via Website

My favorite launcher is

STOCK ANDROID

Stefan Bogaers

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 2, 2013, 4:53:39 PM via Website

I just installed SOLO Launcher and I kind of really like it - tons of customization options and themes and all for free. My last launcher experience was with SlideScreen ages ago when I first got my tablet.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

risesunsettRandall Gautreaux

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Oct 2, 2013, 11:09:50 PM via Website

James Ahn
My favorite launcher is

STOCK ANDROID

No kiddin, me too!!!!!!!

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

brian gailis

Oct 7, 2013, 8:29:43 AM via App

I have used Nova, Apex, 360, Next,Buzz,Solo and Go. recently I downloaded Action Launcher and thus far this is the most brilliant Launcher yet. the options on functionality are sublime and the ability to create widgets from just about every App is excellent. the main thing here is that Action Launcher doesn't consume processor resources for what it offers.

Jake J.

Dwarfer66

Dec 11, 2013, 1:40:39 PM via Website

Go launcher prime, great to use.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Dec 11, 2013, 2:21:17 PM via Website

Just switched to Apex Launcher. Solo kept being buggy - like vanishing app icons on the home screen and in the app drawer (Twitter and Terrible Monster Run), then black holing my apps when I tried to put them in folders on a home screen. Then, all of a sudden, they appeared again a few days later, all ten of them )every time I had tried to put the icon in the folder - which had vanished previously too). So far I'm liking the stability of Apex and I even like the customizations a little better. Here's my current home screen:

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Bogdan Alexandru
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 27, 2014, 6:47:50 AM via Website

Since I'm a MIUI user I use Mi Home Launcher.
I just love what Xiaomi did with MIUI for Android.

— modified on Jan 27, 2014, 6:50:25 AM

ROBAFET

Jan 27, 2014, 8:45:33 AM via Website

ADW EX - I've tried loads of others, was pretty impressed with go launcher pro in the past, quite liked TFS 3d shell, but it's not quite there on features. Every time I go back to ADW Ex, in terms of customization, it's brilliant. Never had any problems with stability either, and there are tons of themes.

Shahid Hussain

Jan 27, 2014, 9:43:32 AM via Website

Yes, it's Action Launcher Pro <3

Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Jan 27, 2014, 12:07:37 PM via Website

I am on stock touchwiz. I tried a number of launchers and I allways keep comming back to the default one.
When I am on a custom rom, I use the default one, when I am on stock rom I use touchwiz

Apex kept crashing one of my beloved app, wich is a publich transportation-planer.
No more custom launcher for me.

Marym Mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 105

Mar 6, 2014, 2:39:19 AM via Website

Loie Favre
Do you have a favorite Android launcher?
´
We compared Apex and Nova which are two similar launchers that offer a lot of customization options for the homescreen but not a lot in the way of themes and widgets.

Any suggestions for ones to use?

i like buzz launcher

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher

Hideyasu
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 6, 2014, 10:53:18 AM via Website

I have nothing against the standard Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 launcher.

plck74
  • Forum posts: 50

Mar 8, 2014, 1:49:03 AM via App

i wont dl laucher. it will drain battery.

Marym Mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 105

Mar 9, 2014, 1:45:33 AM via Website

Love that app
BUZZ Launcher is the best

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher

andre why
  • Forum posts: 7

Mar 9, 2014, 9:07:07 AM via Website

STOCK ANDROID

Loie Favre

Mar 10, 2014, 11:11:40 AM via Website

Hey Guys,

Just to recap on what you have all said since my first post, these are the launchers you have tried or are using:
  • Buzz
  • Next Launcher
  • SOLO
  • Apex
  • Go
  • Launcher Prime
  • MIUI
  • AD Ex
and of course, the stock Android and TouchWiz launchers that many users are satisfied with.

Here are some more Android launchers to consider:
  • Nova
  • Atom
  • Everything Home
  • Smart Launcher 2
  • Yandex Launcher
Thanks for your input, keep it coming! :lol:

risesunsett

Daremo Sensanome

Mar 21, 2014, 3:04:11 AM via Website

I've used for long time a Chinese launcher: 360 launcher, which is a great piece of software, like many Chinese stuff.
But I've chose simplicity and aesthetic work by Google in Google Now Launcher.
Unfortunately has limitations in size of icons: too big for my phablet: Galaxy Note 3.
Then I'm using a new launcher based on Android 4.4 KitKat... it's called KK Launcher.
It's the same Kitkat launcher with personalized options.
Instead of a grid of 4 x 4 I use 5 x 5 and small icons. Nothing else.

— modified on Mar 21, 2014, 3:04:37 AM

Elton de Oliveira

Mar 21, 2014, 3:59:55 AM via Website

Since I started tô use Aviate, it is impossible to me tô use another launcher !
I have installed in my Fone, Apex, Nova , Theme, Inspire tô use some time, but always I ' am back to Aviate !

Loie Favre

Mar 21, 2014, 11:31:50 AM via Website

A few days ago, I wrote about 5 more Android launchers to check out! They are:

• Zeam
  • Aviate
  • Themer
  • Cover
  • Action Launcher

Those in the comments said that they liked Action Launcher, Zeam, Next Launcher 3D.

Check out more informaiton about the 5 awesome Android launchers to discover

dario morino

Mar 21, 2014, 11:44:44 AM via Website

I use Action Launcher. Great

crystal
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 29, 2014, 8:17:27 AM via App

Loie Favre

Hey Guys,

Just to recap on what you have all said since my first post, [b]these are the launchers you have tried or are using[/b]:
[list]
[]Buzz
[
]Next Launcher
[]SOLO
[
]Apex
[]360
[
]Go
[]Launcher Prime
[
]MIUI
[*]AD Ex
[/list]
and of course, the stock Android and TouchWiz launchers that many users are satisfied with.

Here are [b]some more Android launchers[/b] to consider:
[list]
[]Nova
[
]Atom
[]Everything Home
[
]Smart Launcher 2
[*]Yandex Launcher
[/list]
Thanks for your input, keep it coming! :lol:

crystal
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 29, 2014, 8:21:55 AM via App

Bogdan Alexandru

Since I'm a MIUI user I use Mi Home Launcher.
I just love what Xiaomi did with MIUI for Android.
[img]https://fscl01.fonpit.de/userfiles/1639399/image/Screenshot_2014-01-27-07-48-55.png[/img]

Daremo Sensanome

Dec 29, 2014, 1:05:27 PM via Website

In your list doesn't appears KK launcher, and I'm surprised to notice that i'm still using the same launcher in all mi devices: several smartphones (mine and of my wife… and of my son (29)) and many tablets. My report was on april or so.
This KK launcher has been enhanced for better.. Now is called KK Lollipop.
Most noticeable feature is the ability to reach Google Now by sliding to the left in main screen (the same as stock KK launcher).
My surprise is that I've returned to this KK Lollipop having tried several including the annoying Samsung stuff.
Great work by the guys of KK App Team.!!

suedarn

May 16, 2015, 9:03:57 AM via Website

Love Nova. Transitions great. SAMSUNG HOME WHIZ CRASHES ON ME. Samsung Company Korea told me to get another launcher. Did you know you can customize DRAWERS INSIDE YOUR APPS? ALSO, RESIZE Home 🏠 screen grids, (mine is 6x9!) icons on the go (or Nava settings all at once), Or plop them on top of each other, move them forward or backwards, tons of Brainiac shortcuts, extra home screens (I have 9), Ive tested many. This is my home.NOVA. (p.s. I'm an Andorid pro).♡!

— modified on May 16, 2015, 9:10:17 AM