Are you using an Android launcher?

• Replies:24
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Sep 22, 2013 9:50:02 PM via App

I use 'next launcher'. I use it mainly due to the way I want me home screen to be set up.
You can have more than the regular 4 column grid, or 5 column which go launcher offers. And if you feel like doing something silly you can even stack the icons. Not sure why you would want to though.

Basically put, you can use it without the grid restrictions, resize widgets to your liking, customise icons etc.

Oct 2, 2013 11:09:50 PM via Website

James Ahn
My favorite launcher is

STOCK ANDROID

No kiddin, me too!!!!!!!

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Oct 7, 2013 8:29:43 AM via App

I have used Nova, Apex, 360, Next,Buzz,Solo and Go. recently I downloaded Action Launcher and thus far this is the most brilliant Launcher yet. the options on functionality are sublime and the ability to create widgets from just about every App is excellent. the main thing here is that Action Launcher doesn't consume processor resources for what it offers.

Dec 11, 2013 2:21:17 PM via Website

Just switched to Apex Launcher. Solo kept being buggy - like vanishing app icons on the home screen and in the app drawer (Twitter and Terrible Monster Run), then black holing my apps when I tried to put them in folders on a home screen. Then, all of a sudden, they appeared again a few days later, all ten of them )every time I had tried to put the icon in the folder - which had vanished previously too). So far I'm liking the stability of Apex and I even like the customizations a little better. Here's my current home screen:

Jan 27, 2014 8:45:33 AM via Website

ADW EX - I've tried loads of others, was pretty impressed with go launcher pro in the past, quite liked TFS 3d shell, but it's not quite there on features. Every time I go back to ADW Ex, in terms of customization, it's brilliant. Never had any problems with stability either, and there are tons of themes.

Jan 27, 2014 12:07:37 PM via Website

I am on stock touchwiz. I tried a number of launchers and I allways keep comming back to the default one.
When I am on a custom rom, I use the default one, when I am on stock rom I use touchwiz

Apex kept crashing one of my beloved app, wich is a publich transportation-planer.
No more custom launcher for me.

Mar 6, 2014 2:39:19 AM via Website

Loie Favre
Do you have a favorite Android launcher?
´
We compared Apex and Nova which are two similar launchers that offer a lot of customization options for the homescreen but not a lot in the way of themes and widgets.

Any suggestions for ones to use?

i like buzz launcher

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher

Mar 10, 2014 11:11:40 AM via Website

Hey Guys,

Just to recap on what you have all said since my first post, these are the launchers you have tried or are using:
  • Buzz
  • Next Launcher
  • SOLO
  • Apex
  • Go
  • Launcher Prime
  • MIUI
  • AD Ex
and of course, the stock Android and TouchWiz launchers that many users are satisfied with.

Here are some more Android launchers to consider:
  • Nova
  • Atom
  • Everything Home
  • Smart Launcher 2
  • Yandex Launcher
Thanks for your input, keep it coming! :lol: