Which Messenger do you use?

• Replies:41
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Sep 19, 2013 5:00:12 PM

With the arrival of BlackBerry Messenger to Android in 2 days ( Sept 21st), it's a prime opportunity to ask which messengers and chat apps our Android users have, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, WeChat? How do you communicate with the online world?

I use a mix of WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger: WhatsApp more for closer family members and friends and Facebook Messenger for just anyone, including the people mentioned before. I also like Google Hangouts for talking to people at work because it's right on my email.
The only problem for me with Google Hangouts on my actual smarpthone is that it wouldn't let me take pictures right within the app or upload them. And I was too busy to try and figure out way. While at the Berlin IFA this year, it was pretty annoying trying to relay pics back to my peers.

So, tell me! What messenger do you use, how and why?

Sep 19, 2013 8:40:52 PM

i have long had an addiction for messaging apps and probably have way to many installed.

contacts+ is my text messenger it has built in messaging as well but no one else i know uses it.
whatsapp is my most used msg service hitting the 5000 msgs a month point
tango and viber are both installed and i like them but no one ever messages me on them
FB messanger is used but i hate it, however people do insist on using fb
i like google hangouts but i dont know anyone that uses it...

truth is ive been waiting for bb messanger for ages..

in other news hookt was awesome but now its crap
line is very good but no ones on it, same with weechat, messageme, chaton, freepp, invi, vonage

i find kik terrible constant crahses and history loss but people still insist on using it

truth is whatsapp and fb remain really the only apps worth having.... until now????????

Sep 19, 2013 11:39:41 PM

To be honest, I do not know many people on any of the chats. I use Yahoo messenger for work because that is what we use to communicate. Outside of work, I use FB Messenger with my niece and nephew when they are on, I also use it for my football picks league. However, I do not use any and stand by one. I can say I used to use BB messenger all the time and loved it. It was great when planning family events with the in-laws, my family and friends. But, now that we all are away from Blackberry devices, everyone uses Text message for the most part.

Sep 20, 2013 11:49:17 AM

I use a ton for different reasons: WhatsApp for everything, Viber for the people that prefer it (I like it's look more than WhatsApp actually), Skype because I'm sentimental about it, Hangouts for work, and I have Tumblr, Vine and Instagram which I guess are sort of similar enough, depending on what you like to message. I don't use Facebook Messenger (or the app, for that matter) because I don't like the permissions, so I just check Facebook and send messages via my browser. I'll definitely check out BBM for Android and see how it goes. I like it's security aspect too.

Sep 22, 2013 11:42:48 AM

Whatsapp, FB Messenger, and Viber, in frequency order. I find Whatsapp audio messages capability outstanding, although limited to nearly 2 min in Samsung devices, it can reach the 5-min mark in BB's, don't know about iP. In a string of ten 2-min messages I can say a lot more that trying to type those 20 min of conversation, and it also sounds more personal, quasi tete-a-tete. Does anyone know what other apps with this audio function are there?

Sep 23, 2013 11:13:15 AM

From long time I am using whats app and Viber , But still I am searching for a chat messenger that is more advanced specially with security purpose.
Often I share my official documents through it , so i felt sometime they are not that much secure.

Deactivated Account

Sep 24, 2013 1:11:36 PM

I love to be one either one among "WhatsApp" or "Line".... Both are just so good. But WhatsApp is the best.

Sep 25, 2013 12:53:43 AM

I've used Skype in the past. Don't like the visual affect it gives if the person on the other line has too many cookies though. Honestly, I haven't found one I like yet. The ones my friends use don't have very good security, don't trust using them. Rather talk to them in person for now.

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Sep 25, 2013 12:54:01 AM

How about writing letters. ..............................

— modified on Sep 25, 2013 12:56:09 AM

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Sep 25, 2013 11:11:54 AM

There is definitely something romantic about writing letters and I love getting post cards in the mail! A lot less effort goes into simply typing some words and pressing send as opposed to sending something via mail, which makes this ''old'' way of communication so meaningful and a pleasure to receive. In terms of effeciency and getting in contact with my family and friends around the world, I'm really thankful for my various messengers on my phone.