Samsung Galaxy S3 — How can I recover deleted text messages from Android phone (Samsung galaxy s3)

• Replies:12
  • ClosedNot stickiedUnanswered

Deactivated Account

Oct 23, 2013 4:23:53 AM

Hello, I have a question asking for help, I just misstakenly deleted some of my important text messages from my Samsung galaxy s3, I wana know is it possible to restore deleted text messages? please recommend some app that works! I would like to purchase it as the sms is really important to me. It is Android 4.2, thanks!

— modified on Dec 16, 2013 12:39:58 PM by moderator

Oct 23, 2013 8:50:45 PM

I'm pretty sure deleted text messages are gone forever unless you install something like SMS Backup, a free app that backs up all your texts to your Google account. I've never found a way to get them back otherwise, at least. Sorry.

--Joel

--I do a good impression of myself--

Oct 24, 2013 1:57:22 PM

I have the Galaxy S3 i9300,but living in Darkest South Africa I only have 4.1, I am not a geek,infact I'm a fiddler who knows not what he does.I have never been able to restore deleted mails or SMS's.Other than backing up all the junk you type(Ispeak for myself here) I cant find a way to restore deleted messages.You'd think that in a world full of geeks(some making big bucks) one of them would have come up with a restore doofa for people like me who is prone to the most stupid of mistakes.If you figure it out,I hope you make Mega-Bucks as you help zillions of idiots like me and---------

Oct 24, 2013 2:18:59 PM

It's the old idiot again. What you could do is suscribe (for free) to Ask Bob Rankin. Yesterday's article was all about using a web-mail service and how easy it is to retrieve messages. You can also ask questions. Another great site is Ask Leo (also free). These guys really know their onions and really encourage questions. Good Luck.

Oct 28, 2013 9:46:29 AM

Hello,guy! I suffered from the same problem last month. In fact, it is possible to recover deleted text messages from Samsung Galaxy S3, after the trouble I searched for solution for text messages recovery on the web. Finally, I learned that I can use an software called Tenorshare Android Data Recovery software to get back deleted data from Android phone. You can search for this app in Google. Good luck!

Deactivated Account

Oct 29, 2013 3:05:56 AM

Hay, I just tried the sotware your recommend, tha's a crapware. keep crashed, cannot read the message when it recovered, and it only restore only a few message and some of them are unreadable! Waste my time!

Nov 13, 2013 10:24:29 AM

Here I would like to recommend you the Android Data Recovery, which is designed for recoverring all the deleted as well as lost and formatted messages as well as contacts, photos, videos from Android Devices.:grin::grin::grin:

Nov 18, 2013 4:57:50 AM

When a text message has been deleted, people think you can not get it back. They are wrong in fact because they can be retrieved. The message is not really deleted it is just being stored elsewhere.

Nov 18, 2013 6:27:16 AM

Lewis
When a text message has been deleted, people think you can not get it back. They are wrong in fact because they can be retrieved. The message is not really deleted it is just being stored elsewhere.

Can u elaborate on where that could be? Any advice would be appreciated!

Nov 18, 2013 4:37:07 PM

Hi @Luckymeil, there's lots of dodgy apps and programs for your PC out there, but one that we've heard generally positive things about is Dr Fone's Wondershare recovery tool. It's free and promises to be able to recover lost photos, videos, data from your Android - I haven't used it though so i can't vouch for its effectiveness.

In general, the thing is that data may be ''lost'' but it is still recoverable until something else is written over the top of it. So there's a chance you can still recover data if you haven't been saving lots of stuff on your phone since you lost your messages. Here's the link to Wondershare recovery anyway. Give it a shot and let us know if you had any success.

— modified on Mar 14, 2014 12:46:39 PM