Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — This is Absatively Posilutely Trippindicular!!

• Replies:1
Al Garcia
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 23, 2013, 6:40:40 AM via Website

I was at Best Buy and glanced over the Samsung section. They seem to have cool toys and with all the TV's and phones they should change the name to Samsung Buy.

Anyway I say this huge monstrosity and called my wife to look at it. I was not sure if it was a small tablet or something. Surely it was too big to be a phone. After initial ridicule turned to curiosity and then once again to amazement, I found myself walking over to my buddies Verizon store and told him to give me one now.

I have had it for one day and absolutely love it. Yes, it is huge but since I tend to wear my clothes slightly baggy no biggy. I don't notice much difference than my previous Moto Bionic. It has been ridiculed about its faux leather back. I like it. It is nicely presented, provides adequate grip and is different from the typical fare out there. I plan on covering it anyhow when I get my fold cover in the mail.

Performance wise, it has done everything better than any phone I have had before including iPhone 5 (wife's not mine). It better I suppose based on the specs and price. I can tell battery life may be a bit suspect as I will be playing (ALOT) with this toy but it will still be better than my fair performing Bionic. BTW my wife wants a Note 3 now. I tried to get her interested in the Round but she wants the pen. Freaking copy-cat. Any word on the pink version?

I have used the ActionMemo and it is a God send with the pen. Pen Window is neat but probably won't use it much unless I really need to multitask. I have not figured out Scrapbooker, Screen Write, or S Finder. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My Samsung tablets can be used as IR remotes. Can Note 3 do that too? There is a tiny LED? dot on the top side right bezel. Emitter maybe?

Pete
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 25, 2014, 11:29:30 PM via Website

My Samsung tablets can be used as IR remotes. Can Note 3 do that too? There is a tiny LED? dot on the top side right bezel. Emitter maybe?

Yes, the note 3 has an IR blaster on the top of the phone. There's an app comes with the phone called "Watch On " that works really good with the phone & tv set up.