Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 — need advice on battery for N7000

• Replies:2
Howard Switch
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 10:38:52 AM via Website

I am a new Android user just upgraded from Blackberry. Without doubt I love this N7000 which got from my friend weeks ago. It is pretty simple to use with a big screen and so many functional apps that BB lack of. However, I think this new cool features make my power drained fast. My Screen is at 70% despite with Auto Brightness, location service off, but I keep some apps I need sync on and play some musics, games as well as web browse. I unplug the phone at 8 am and need a second charge by around 3.5 in the afternoon. I have to worry about having to recharge in the middle of the day....

Is this a normal result? This is my day to day usage.

My friend owned a 6000mah battery from one name might be mpj or something for his S3. He told me to try extd. battery so I want to order one like his but 7000 for Note. It seems that I also need a new case fit the bulky battery cuz I don’t like the one they offer. Wander if the battery defective? will post if got one hope well it works.

Syvier Look
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 30, 2013, 8:22:51 AM via Website

my friend's n7000 need to recharge everynight n i think he is also a heavy user, but your phone drained even faster...just got a mpj extd battery for my note 3. I'm sitting at 8 hours and 90% present so it is well worth it for me. :grin:

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 30, 2013, 9:16:38 AM via Website

Yes, definitely replace the battery. After the amount of time the Note has been in service (2 years) it's entirely likely that the original battery is on the way out (although it is disappointing, as Li-Ion batteries can last for up to 3 years, although performance degrades over time and charge cycles). The problem is, as the battery degrades and you need to charge more, the battery degrades even further due to the higher charge count. And the more you discharge them each time the worse it gets. Li-Ion has no ''battery memory'' so you're better off charging them every time you have the chance (but never overcharge as they are prone to thermal runaway, meaning if you overcharge them they can leak, warp or explode). So the trick to prolonging Li-Ion battery life is partial discharges and regular micro-charges (but not overnight - I leave my phone on low-power overnight (as I don't want beeps all throughout the night anyway!) and then charge it while I get ready for work in the morning and then charge again at my desk perhaps twice a day). I'd recommend doing a good bit of research into the extended battery you think about buying first and make sure you buy from a well respected manufacturer. It's not worth saving $10 if if costs you your Note!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting