Nov 1, 2013 3:49:55 PM
Nov 1, 2013 3:49:55 PM
Don't know what rooting even is? Check out our beginners article about rooting, custom ROMS, flashing, bootloaders and more.
- Drivers for connecting the device to the PC (if you have the latest version of Kies installed does not need to do this step)
- Stock kernel for Galaxy Mega 6.3
- Odin 3.07 http://hotfile.com/dl/161620048/6c6d559/Odin3_v3.07.rar
Rooting your phone, though it can be easy as heck, is also risky and something might not go right if you don't follow the steps as described below. You could brick your phone. Also, make sure your battery is completely charged!
Important note: this procedure is for the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9205 and GT-I9200
Make sure you have enough of a battery charge for your device to complete this process (at least above 75%) or have your phone plugged in. As stated above, make sure to back up your important files and data before commencing the root procees.
As well, ensure that you’ve enabled USB debugging on your device. To enable this, go to Settings > General > About Device. Click on the “Build number” about 8 times and this will allow you access to Developer Options. Once enabled, you can go into Developer Options and check the box titled “USB Debugging”.
Steps to Root
1. Download and unzip the files for Odin 3.07. Run Odin and select “Run as Administrator”.
2. Once Odin is running, check off the “PDA” option, choose the stock Kernel program which you downloaded above, and leave it alone.
3. Restart your Galaxy Mega 6.3 in download mode. To do this, turn it off and then press the Power, Home, and Volume Down buttons at the same time. A window will show up and confirm that you want to enter download mode. Press Volume Up to confirm this or Volume Down to cancel.
4. Connect your Galaxy Mega 6.3 to your PC via micro USB cable and wait for the Odin program to recognize it. Once recognized, click on start and wait for the process to complete.
5. You can now install SuperSU, which you downloaded above. If it installs correctly, you're successfully rooted your device!
And done! Your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 will now be rooted and you can do what you want with it.
— modified on Nov 1, 2013 3:50:45 PM
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! Important to all community members: please read before posting