reinstalling swiftkey not possible - can I get a refund?

• Replies:25
  • ClosedNot stickiedUnanswered

Nov 9, 2013 10:56:03 AM via Website

I need to reinstall 4.3 swiftkey app but I cannot anymore find it in my apps page. Also impossible using app center. I've payed for it.

Please help

Hi Poldo85,

Thanks for purchasing the app "SwiftKey Tablet Keyboard".

Please begin the synchronization process in the AndroidPIT App Center on your phone / tablet.
To do so, click on "My Apps" followed by "Synchronize".

You can find detailed information related to the App Center here:
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/app-center

An overview of all your purchases and uploads can be seen here:
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/account/statement

Brief instructions regarding installing the App Center

1. Enable installing from "Unknown sources" on your phone. This option is located under Settings/Applications on your phone.

2. Use the following URL to download the App Center to your phone (N.B.: do not download to your PC!). In order to initiate the download please click on this link:
    http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/download/app/de.androidpit.appcenter

3. In order to initiate the installation process click on the notification which will appear at the top of the display after the App Center has been downloaded.

Cheers!
Your AndroidPIT Team

— modified on May 8, 2014 4:22:39 PM by moderator

Nov 11, 2013 7:17:44 PM via Website

Hi guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The SwiftKey app had been removed temporarily from our App Center, however it is back there now.

You need to make sure you are reinstalling it from our AndroidPIT App Center App which you can install here if you don't have it anymore. http://www.androidpit.com/install

The AndroidPIT app version 2.0 is a different app altogether and won't have any of your previously installed apps.

The Swiftkey app on our website can be found here again.

Nov 11, 2013 7:37:24 PM via Website

I've reinstalled app center but nothing to do. I saw that in my apps page in my account I cannot see swiftkey that I bought.it is still there green power premium.

Nov 13, 2013 3:50:55 AM via Website

I have a similar problem.

I un-installed swiftkey and am now trying to re-install it.

I went online to AndroidPit and to "purchased apps" and selected "swiftkey keyboard".
Then I selected "install" and it says it was added to my favorites on my phones AndroidPit app.

On my phone, I opened the androidpit app and found favorites and it is there.

But when I select it, I do NOT get an install option, I only get the link to "google play" where they want me to purchase it.

What's going on?

Nov 15, 2013 10:40:12 AM via Website

Hi again,

Sorry for the wait and thanks for your patience. The situation is a complicated one, not because of us but because the developer actually merged two of their Swiftkey apps together to create a new one called SwiftKey Keyboard, and by doing so, deleted the Swiftkey for tablets app for which you originally paid. So, what this means is that the app you paid for no longer exists.

The developer has indicated that we refund you for the app by putting money back onto your account.

You can then purchase the new app with the refunded money here http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.touchtype.swiftkey/SwiftKey-Keyboard

I will refund the money for:
Poldo85
Alan Garber
Marc Katzenmaier

Sorry again, but this should fix the problem and allow to purchase the current app.

Nov 15, 2013 11:27:30 AM via Website

Thank you. I've followed the link, put swiftkey on the favorites, opened appcenter,downloaded swiftkey, but it is in trial mode. How to upgrade to full version now?

Dec 17, 2013 6:36:46 PM via Website

Hi, I'm not familiar with tablet SwiftKey, but I'll assume you can pay from the trial version from within the SwiftKey settings? When you have th keyboard up, just long press on the SwiftKey symbol to the left of the space bar to bring up the Settings and somewhere in there you should find the option to pay to upgrade. Sorry I can't be more more specific but I paid for it a while ago and no longer have the option in my settings. If you can't dfo that you might have to uninstall the trial and reinstall the paid version.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Dec 28, 2013 4:45:15 PM via App

Swiftkey's FAQ's Page says to contact you guys to get a transfer to the new main app from the Tablet version, I have re bought the app so to make the change over easier, how do I go about getting the refund please ?

Regards Mark.

— modified on Jan 4, 2014 11:02:22 AM

Jan 21, 2014 4:25:58 PM via Website

Hi @MS, we're looking into the problem with reinstalling paid apps and will get back to you shortly. Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience. If we can't get a resolution for you quickly we'll happily refund your purchase price.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Jan 23, 2014 4:53:32 PM via App

Kris Carlon
Hi @MS, we're looking into the problem with reinstalling paid apps and will get back to you shortly. Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience. If we can't get a resolution for you quickly we'll happily refund your purchase price.

Thank you for the reply Kris, the issue isn't that there is a problem re-installing paid apps per sai, it's that Swiftkey as changed their tablet version, they have combined the Tablet version and Phone version into one app and discontinued the Tablet version making it impossible to update to the latest version of Swiftkey due to the name change. They say on their FAQ to contact the app store from where it was purchased and have the licence transfered from the Tablet version to the newly combined version to receive updates. To preempt the delay I knew that would come from this I have re-bought the app (combined version), so what I'm looking for is a refund for the Tablet version so that updates for the new combined version are not interfered with.

Thank, Mark

Apr 9, 2014 5:33:05 PM via App

Hi, I have purchased an app "Swiftkey" lng ago thru Androidpit. However, after upgrading my phone, I was surprised by the fact that I need to pay again in before re-installing the app.
Please advice.

May 8, 2014 4:21:11 PM via Website

Hey @Mark, because SwiftKey ''retired'' the legacy tablet version of the app, we are happy to refund your purchase price so you can grab the new, ''combined'' version. Just let me know if you want to do this and we can do it pronto.

May 8, 2014 4:22:15 PM via Website

Hi, same issue as with @MS above. Basically we need to refund you so you can buy the new version of SwiftKey. If this is what you want us to do just let me know and I'll put it through asap. You'll get a credit on your account to spend on other apps in the App Center.

May 14, 2014 12:18:10 PM via App

Kris Carlon

Hey @Mark, because SwiftKey ''retired'' the legacy tablet version of the app, we are happy to refund your purchase price so you can grab the new, ''combined'' version. Just let me know if you want to do this and we can do it pronto.

Hi Kris, thanks for your reply, as I mentioned earlier, I have already purchased the new combined version and am looking for a refund on the old Tablet version, so both versions should be attached to my account here. When you do the refund can you just make sure that the correct version (Tablet version) is the one refunded please, so as the new version is not wiped from my account.

Many thanks, Mark.