Need advice with hiring a designer

• Replies:4
Juris
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 17, 2013, 6:25:49 PM via Website

Hello!
I am working my first app (with the aim to publish it in Google Store) and i`ve come to a point, where i need to give my app a nice look.
I have almost no experience and skill with creating visuals, so i`ve decided to hire someone else to do GUI and icons for me. But hiring others to do a work for me is another area, where i have no experience. I`ve posted job offering in many freelance sites, but the proposals aren`t convincing by far. First of all, i fail to find a designer with actual android design experience. And it is crucial for me, because i am aware, that creating designs for android isn`t any generic PS work, there are some ground rules and guidelines needed to be followed in order for the design to be successful. And i really want to avoid such scenarios, where i need to spend additional time and money, because the designer initially created a flawed design.
I`ve also tried to contact some design studios, but 1) i haven`t got any responses yet 2) i think, that these high-end services will cost me a fortune, that i simply wont be able to afford.
So i was hoping, if anyone, who already has any experience with hiring designers, could give me an advice or direction.

RolandRice
  • Forum posts: 14

Nov 18, 2013, 12:00:14 PM via Website

That could potentially be an expensive and risky option, but works. Maybe look at companies that offer website builders that so you can easily customize your website.

Rajesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 16

Nov 26, 2013, 6:23:06 AM via Website

Hi Juris,
There are so many recruitment sites on net from where you can see CV of designers and you can also see the expected salary of designers. So I think this is the best option for you.

Sohan M
  • Forum posts: 10

Nov 26, 2013, 11:01:45 AM via Website

The best way to do this imho is through word of mouth. That usually works for me. Put out a tweet or a message on Facebook asking for a freelance designer. Ask people to retweet and share it. Invariably you'll get someone who'll reply. Its worked in my experience atleast. It also depends on the size of your online social network haha

You can try websites such as e-lance and odesk. But don't settle for anyone who hasn't worked on Android or mobile before. Also, one thing that will help the designer is if you have the requirements of the app very well thought-out and laid out when you give them to him/her. That is probably my only advice to you.

Good luck :)

Juris
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 26, 2013, 9:40:25 PM via Website

Thank you for all your responses :)