Samsung Galaxy S3 — Accidently choosing a foreign language onto my cell

• Replies:0
Lisa Groves
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 23, 2013, 6:42:58 AM via Website

I live in Brazil and had selected English and Portuguese since I use both languages in emails and Whatsapp. The Portuguese option somehow disappeared and so I tried to configure it again, and accidently chose a foreign language I do not understand. Now, because of that I cannot reselect the Language and input option because everything is in that language. I cannot even reset the phone to factory settings because I don't understand the language now on my phone!! Crazy, I know, but true. I just got the phone recently and was adding things to it as time permitted, when I did this stupid thing. Please help me.

Thanks anyway for the attention. I finally found my way back to programming in English, getting rid of the other language. But, if that should ever happen again, I would like to know how to get out of the problem of a base language in your phone that you cannot understand, rendering your phone useless to you. Is there a way to undo that process or reset the phone? I spent about 3 hours trying to discover what language I accidently programmed in, and then used a dictionary to find the language option and started hitting buttons to get English back in as the phone's language!! What a danger that can be. Thanks again for any attention any of you have given.

— modified on Nov 23, 2013, 8:03:06 AM