Samsung Galaxy S4 — primary external memory+s4 root?!

• Replies:2
Ms Marniece
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 26, 2013, 9:05:18 PM via Website

hi@! took the plunge and rooted my s4 16gb, it seemed to work seamlessly. I rooted it the microsD way. and installing terminal emulator.

that being said.
its glitchy the F out!! it restarts when I launch apps or make changes, and in my application manager it says :
Device memory
3.8 GB used
6.0 GB free

I have moved almost everything that I have over to my sd card, and uninstalled go launcher and all of its components.
I dl Apps 2 SD, and titanium. I also downloaded Apps Manager, and when I got to "movable" it gives me this message
"The device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated. Moving applications to the EXTERNAL card function may not be supported by this device "
(it is only when I use this app, do I get this error. Apps 2 SD, etc does not prompt the code)

so here are my questions!!
1. After using my 2gb micro sd ( which was formatted to exFAT) was I supposed to do something as in write a new script in the terminal so that when I mounted my 16gb microsd it would utilize it properly? like a pc, when you reformat the drive?
2. Where the frap has all of my memory gone?
3. Why would my phone restart when adding, or changing apps?

xoxoxo
I appreciate all you tech savvy boys out there.. and girls!!

Quentin Ducreux L.
  • Forum posts: 1,813

Nov 27, 2013, 4:15:10 PM via Website

My first guess would be a good old wipe and a "fix permissions" in custom recovery.

I keep in touch if I can find something.

What takes the most space on device memory ? Can you see it ?

(Please do something about the picture, it would be better used as a profile pic)

— modified on Nov 27, 2013, 4:16:19 PM

jason creazzo
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 26, 2013, 6:12:12 PM via App

my guess is something went wrong. are u sure that ur rooted. use the root checker app it's free. I never had to use the emulator to root. I did use it to disable Knox security. Also if u put the root on the internal memory it could take up space or the backup could of used a lot of space.

— modified on Dec 26, 2013, 6:12:50 PM