Sony Xperia Z Ultra — Need advice with UL

• Replies:6
Petry
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 6, 2013, 7:42:00 AM via Website

My wife gave her Lumia 822 with a mpj replacement battery to a friend so that we could get the upgrade. This device actually has been part of her life, but Windows Phone just not that for her. Lacking of proper Widgets, and the music controls leaves us inconvenient. On the pro side, the camera is great, well, at least it's better than my Galaxy Nexus. We are now torn between Note 3 and Xperia UL :-\

Please tell me what made you choose N3/Z1? What are the unique features? Are you feeling any remorse?

— modified on Dec 6, 2013, 8:23:35 AM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Dec 6, 2013, 9:57:38 AM via Website

Hi @Petry, you've got some simple things to consider first off: the three devices you mention: the Sony Xperia Z1, the Samsung Galaxt Note 3 and Xpeia Z Ultra have one thing to distinguish them: screen size. The Z1 is definitely a phone (but still a big one), the Note 3 is a stylus supported phablet, and the Z Ultra is way too big to be considered a phone, and is pushing the limits of a phablet. There's only another half inch to be a 7-inch tablet!

So you can ask yourself what size you want and what you want it for. if you want a phone the Z1 is a great choice, if you like working with a stylus there's nothing better than the Note 3 and if you just want something really big then the Z Ultra is your best bet. It also depends on the style you like. Personally I'm not much of a fan of Son'ts Omnibalance design, but it's all a matter of taste. I think the most ''future-proof'' device will be the Note 3, but again, it depends on what you want out of it. The Sony's have pretty impressive cameras too.

Check out our hardware page for each and read the reviews and comparisons and see if that helps. Then if you have any specific questions fell free to check back in here.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Lide

Lide
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 13, 2013, 6:13:50 AM via Website

Personally I stick with Xperia ZR which installed an extended battery also from mpj, but my friend just swapped his iPhone 5s for a Note 3. Cool, feel good to touch the fake leather back and appreciate the S Pen.:)

Rickon
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 21, 2014, 5:09:27 AM via Website

Overall I think my sister is pretty happy with her Note 3.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 21, 2014, 6:17:12 AM via Website

Well, that sounds quite to choose between Note 3 or Xperia Z1. I am fan of both of them we all know :? Sony is popular for its music while samsung is popular for its varieties of options. :) Both the devices are enabled with the latest and best of the technologies, Snapper function of Sony Xperia z1 is just amazing with its 20.7megapixel primary camera its sure going to give you breathless picture, you'll feel like pictures are coming out of the screen, while you may feel some sort of disappointment with the Note3 camera i.e of 13megapixel but again it can be said that's enough to fulfil your needs. Performance wise both of the are just perfect, if i talk about the battery note3 is here going to overtook Xperia Z1 by having 3200mah battery while Z1 is having 3000mah. Its very tough to actually decide which one is better but if I have to choose from these two I'll go forward with Note 3. I am sure you are going to ask why i.e just because Samsung posses higher market share than Sony, which makes me think that Note 3 is good to go forward with :D

flooney
  • Forum posts: 466

Dec 11, 2014, 11:11:31 AM via App

I really like the Z Ultra here. Great Phone with good Screensize.

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Dec 11, 2014, 1:23:34 PM via Website

My vote is for Samsung Note3. I am using Samsung Note 3 and I am happy with its performance. Here is comparsion between note3 and Z1
he Note 3 pairs a new Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 processor with a whopping 3GB RAM. And it shows. Synthetic benchmarks shouldn't be relied upon when making a purchasing decision, but if they were the Note 3 would be a must buy. It smashed our record for the Geekbench 2 real-world performance test, turning in a record average score of 4057. This beats out our next highest performer... the Sony Xperia Z1 with its score of 3673. More importantly in use both the Note 3 and the Xperia Z1 feel slick and zippy. They are truly fast phones.

The Xperia Z1 has a decent 2GB of RAM but has a new Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. It's a quad-core processor with an impressive clock speed of 2.2 GHz, the second highest we've seen on a smartphone to date (behind our old friend the Note 3).
Storage wise the options for the Note 3 are 32GB and 64GB, and there's an SD card expansion slot for up to another 64GB of storage. Xperia Z1 storage remains at 16 GB and it also has a microSD card slot, offering support for 64 GB off the bat.
First up is the Note 3's battery cell. Taking advantage of the larger chassis used to house a large display this is a huge 3200mAh Li-ion battery rated at 12.16Wh. And the Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 processor should be lighter on the battery than was the Note 2's. However this handset has a huge and bright screen with a massive amount of pixels, which will negatively impact battery life. It is utilising 3GB RAM, too, and all the software options that Samsung adds in will suck up battery power when you use them

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC