Reverting the 4.3 back to 4.1.2

• Replies:4
Teri McGinnis
  • Forum posts: 8

Dec 28, 2013, 3:06:21 AM via App

Has anyone reverted their Samsung from the 4.3 to the 4.1.2 O.S.? Did it work?

Teri McGinnis

Dec 28, 2013, 9:16:52 PM via App

I have downloaded what I need to do it, but a little leary. Don't want to mess up my phone, that's why I asked.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jan 3, 2014, 3:48:30 PM via Website

Hey @Teri, have you not received the stability patch for Android 4.3 yet? By all accounts it did a pretty good job of fixing the issues. What country/carrier are you in/with? If you're at all leary of attempting the downgrade I would recommend not doing it - while plenty of people had no problem others encountered issues. The last thing we want is to add to your headaches. And if you're in the States on AT& T, do not attempt it as the process apparently bricks that carrier's Samsung devices. Also, if you have a locked bootloader you may not be able to downgrade anyway.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Teri McGinnis

Jan 4, 2014, 1:27:37 AM via Website

No Kris I haven't received the patch yet. I am on Verizon. Might just wait a bit and see if things get better.I was more ticked about my svtp wifi hotspot not working anymore, since I paid quite a bit for it. But luckily for me I also paid for PDANet, and that one still works. Have to do a lock screen pin or pattern for the credentials, but you can clear those when you're done using it.I have had to do a factory reset twice with this stupid update, takes forever to get everything working again. Just frustrating as hell is all, lol.