No 4.3 update

• Replies:3
vaughan
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 28, 2013, 3:56:28 PM via App

hi I live in South Africa and still no f@#$#ing update to the 4.3 jelly bean now the s4 has it and I see the 4.4 kitkat is running around already. anyone got a clue when it will launch here or an email address where I can call some samsung bigwig boss man a p@$#

tanvir islam

vaughan
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 24, 2014, 6:01:21 PM via App

vaughan
hi I live in South Africa and still no f@#$#ing update to the 4.3 jelly bean now the s4 has it and I see the 4.4 kitkat is running around already. anyone got a clue when it will launch here or an email address where I can call some samsung bigwig boss man a p@$#
its now the 24th of january and still no update

Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Jan 28, 2014, 4:18:24 PM via Website

vaughan
vaughan
its now the 24th of january and still no update

I guess that 4.3 is there, by the end of february or the start of march.
To me it looks like South Africa and Denmark got the 4.2.1 update at roughly the same time.
9300 in Denmark, was released on 31 december/1 January.
9305 in Denmark, was released around 20 January. (plus minus a couple of days)

Just watch sammobile website. They even generate a pdf file containing all the latest samsung firmware updates, once a week.
Other than that, you can daily check out their firmware section. There you can check if something new happens.

Dave Jarratt
  • Forum posts: 15

Jan 30, 2014, 11:22:19 AM via Website

I'm with you all the way Boet. My S3 is 12months old and was on ICream Sandwich 4.0.2. Then out of the blue (OTA) came Jelly Bean 4.1.2.

At the same time there was the S3, the 4.3 and S4 Minis and even talk of the S5. Along the way I've read all the stuff about 4.2.2 and 4.3 and Kit Kats of every increasing numbers. I'm in PE which is the arsehole end of RSA (Servicewise) and I'm with either Cell C or Vodacom (the wife and I swapped phones) and I'm brassed off that neither the ISP(s) or the Mighty Samsung have done nothing to upgrade us backward peasants.

Having said all that,people seem to be having so much trouble with the Samsung upgrades that maybe I should back off and in a year's time upgrade to a Google product. I am truly disappointed with Samsung who appear not to give a stuff as long as like VW they keep on selling new models.
Glad to hear that a ten year peace between Apple and Samsung is on the cards.though in a year's time we will probably being asked to buy an S7 or a Hybrid Appsung 4.