Dialer with Call Blocking capability?

• Replies:4
rob d.
  • Forum posts: 35

Dec 30, 2013, 4:49:37 AM via Website

Any dialer available that would allow me to block a number from within the dialer?

Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE KitKat 4.4

Joe Lively
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 2, 2014, 9:37:02 AM via Website

I'd like to know that too.

rob d.

rob d.

Jan 2, 2014, 6:00:48 PM via Website

I learned that RocketDial can block from within it's dialer. Unfortunately, RocketDial is not Compatible with Executive Assistant which is a must have app for me.
Joe Lively
I'd like to know that too.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jan 4, 2014, 12:12:37 AM via App

Hey @Rob, I'm using the stock KitKat dialer on the Nexus 5 and you can add numbers to the blacklist direct from the dialer with it. I can't recall if it's been added to the Play Store yet (and I have no idea about it's app compatibilities) but you can sideload the APK (the app file) direct onto your S4 GPe because you've got KitKat. The APK and zip file links are in an article I wrote recently: www.androidpit.com/how-to-install-the-kitkat-dialer It might be worth a try. The process may seem a little fiddly (and you require root) but that's Android for you! Enjoy. But let us know if you find a good alternative.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

rob d.

Jan 4, 2014, 12:37:28 AM via Website

Thanks for your suggestions and info Kris, greatly appreciated. Don't I already have the Stock KitKat Dialer on my Google Play Edition Galaxy S4?

Kris Carlon
Hey @Rob, I'm using the stock KitKat dialer on the Nexus 5 and you can add numbers to the blacklist direct from the dialer with it. I can't recall if it's been added to the Play Store yet (and I have no idea about it's app compatibilities) but you can sideload the APK (the app file) direct onto your S4 GPe because you've got KitKat. The APK and zip file links are in an article I wrote recently: www.androidpit.com/how-to-install-the-kitkat-dialer It might be worth a try. The process may seem a little fiddly (and you require root) but that's Android for you! Enjoy. But let us know if you find a good alternative.