Hey everybody!!!

• Replies:4
Brandon
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 6, 2014, 12:54:13 AM via Website

Hey guys,

Hope everyone's having a great start to their New Year so far.

Introducing myself, my names brandon and I live on the big island of hawaii. Work in the mall that we have here on the island and I'm currently trying to do some research and I really hope that you guys will be able to help me with this.

Basically I'm currently looking at starting a cellphone accessory business looking mainly at small shops here on the island as well as doing some internet sales.

My question for you guys is what do you look for in cases when you do purchase them, as well as where do you usually look online when looking for a case?

Aside from the fact that androids are far superior in every way to their apple counter parts the reason that I'm looking at launching my business with the android lineup is simply there's more of a selection, however that in lies one of the bigger issues that I'm facing and which brings me to my scone question.

What are the most popular android models currently out, also what are some of the hot rumors confirmed and unconfirmed about the latest and greatest phones to come to market?

Any help that you guys can provide in this respect would of course be much appreciated.

I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Aloha!
-Brandon

Alvaro González Sola
  • Forum posts: 15

Jan 6, 2014, 2:10:10 PM via Website

Hi and Welcome Brandon

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jan 21, 2014, 5:05:32 PM via Website

Aloha @Brandon, welcome to the forum!

Personally I don't use cases, but when I have bought them in the past I either bought them at a mall from one of those little kiosks on an impulse or I bought a well-respected one from Amazon. i've never bought them any other way. perhaps our other readers can give you more insight.

As for major devices, that's a temperamental question. Being in the US, you've got lots of Apple fans, but of course Samsung, HTC, Sony, Google, Motorola and LG are major manufacturers too. The problem is choosing which devices to start making cases for I guess? You could start with the obvious ones: the Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z, Xperia Z Ultra, LG G2, HTC One, One mini, One Mega, S3 mini, S4 mini, Moto G, Moto X, Moto Droids etc etc etc.

As for upcoming, the usual: Galaxy S5 (in the next month or two, maybe at MWC), Note 4 (later this year), LG G3 (maybe at MWC), G2 mini (maybe at MWC), Z2 or Z1 follow up (maybe at MWC), and the HTC One+ (or M8, One 2, whatever it will be called), but these have no confirmed dimensions for you to make use of yet!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Jan 21, 2014, 6:55:48 PM via Website

Hi Brandon,

First, welcome to the forum!

In answer to your question, I've put cases on all of my phones because I'm paranoid about smashing the screen. I have proven to be pretty careful with my phones thus far, but I still think it's a good practice. Typically, I pick my cases at the store rather than online. I got burned once by buying a skin for my tablet on Amazon that didn't fit at all, so I generally like the ability to "try on" the case right after I buy it and decide whether I need to return it straight to the store.

As for the most popular Android models, that's really a tough question. My advice would be to watch TV and see what's advertised. Generally speaking, those are the flagship models that people will be more likely to buy. You can also haunt the other kiosks in the mall to see what they have on display. Thing is with so many Android devices being out there, there are plenty of phones that are terrible/obscure and have no cases on the market anyway.

Good luck with your research!

--Joel

--I do a good impression of myself--

Mike Johnson
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 22, 2014, 4:08:31 AM via Website

Hi everyone.

I am glad to be here, a have a lot of plans to learn from you guys!