trouble downloading apps using 4.2 jellybean

• Replies:1
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jan 10, 2014 9:21:07 PM via Website

i have just bought a new tablet moving from an android version 4.0.4 with play store to 4.2 jelly bean with a pre installed app centre. i am now having difficulty installing apps. internet connection seems to be fine as i can browse and use facebook, check email. i select the app i want, it starts downloading, sometimes it gets to 3% and stops and sometimes upto 50% (after less then a minute) and stops regardless of whether its a large app or small. I then get the error "connection error, data could not be transferred. SocketTimeout" Any suggestions?

— modified on Jan 10, 2014 9:23:58 PM

Jan 21, 2014 4:38:14 PM via Website

Hi @Lyndsey, can I ask you two things? What was the pre-installed app center on the device and which country are you in? Some countries are blocked from accessing the Google Play Store, and others have certain apps blocked. If your tablet is from China then you may well not be able to access the Play Store from it.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting