Sony Xperia S — can't open after update

• Replies:2
JOSDN
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 12, 2014, 2:11:51 PM via Website

Hi there all,
Yesterday I tried to do a system update on my Xperia S. After finishing update, it required me to reboot my phone. But it won’t turn on and I am only able to see the logo flashing on the screen. Removed the stock and installed my new additional battery from mpj, but still not work. Please help and thanks

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Jan 14, 2014, 9:38:38 PM via Website

You might have had a corrupted installation. Sounds like you're rebooting continuously. Do you know how to get into the recovery mode on your phone? If so, see if you can do a factory reset and reinstall from there. I'd be happy to offer more help if you need it.

--J

--I do a good impression of myself--

rachel gomez
  • Forum posts: 31

Nov 9, 2022, 6:38:52 AM via Website

Solution
Check the steps below if your Xperia® device exhibits the following issues after you've done a software update or repair, or factory reset.

The device freezes
If a warning sign appears during start-up, wait for the start-up procedure to finish. A start-up procedure after a software update or repair might take up to 30 minutes. Don't manually restart your device during the start-up.
If the start-up still hasn't finished after 30 minutes, force shut off the device then try to turn it back on.
If the issue still occurs, force shut off the device then perform a software repair using a computer and the Xperia Companion application.
WARNING! All files stored in the internal memory of your device will be deleted during a software repair. Since your device couldn't finish the start-up procedure, it's not possible to back up your files.

The device restarts repeatedly
A start-up procedure after a software update or repair might take up to 30 minutes, and could include a few restarts. Do not manually restart your device during the start-up.
If the start-up still hasn't finished after 30 minutes, force shut off the device then try to turn it back on.
If your device still keeps restarting numerous times, for example, when the Xperia logo is displayed, force the device to shut down.
Perform a software repair using a computer and the Xperia Companion application.
WARNING! All files stored in the internal memory of your device will be deleted during a software repair. Since your device couldn't finish the start-up procedure, it's not possible to back up your files.

The device won't turn on
If your device doesn’t start at all after an update, a software repair or a factory data reset, force the device to restart.
If your device still doesn't start, perform a software repair using a computer and the Xperia Companion application.

You can perform a software repair even if your Xperia device doesn't start.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez