Why can't I re-download apps purchased from AndroidPIT?

• Replies:10
  • OpenNot stickiedAnswered

Jan 13, 2014 10:55:45 PM via App

I purchased apps a while back and never had downloading issues in the past. went to download my AIVC app that I purchased ages ago and now I get redirected to Google play and it requires me to pay for it all over again. why?

— modified on May 8, 2014 3:43:56 PM by moderator

Jan 14, 2014 9:26:25 PM via Website

My first thought is, did you buy it on a different Google account than you're using now? I have dummy/alternate accounts I use to sign up for things that might spam me. Sometimes I just forget which account I used and have the app linked to an alternate account.

Otherwise, you probably should contact the app developer and ask them, because who knows whether they lost your data or something...hard to say.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Jan 14, 2014 11:56:30 PM via Website

Robert Simson
I purchased apps a while back and never had downloading issues in the past. went to download my AIVC app that I purchased ages ago and now I get redirected to Google play and it requires me to pay for it all over again. why?

I'm presuming you purchased it from the androidpit app centre rather than Google play. Some developers remove their app(s) from the androidpit market for various reasons, unfortunately the purchase you made was to androidpit and not google. You can contact the dev directly and explain the situation, most of them are decent enough to sort something out for you.

— modified on Jan 14, 2014 11:57:38 PM

Sinkster

Jan 24, 2014 4:42:07 PM via App

I have the exact same question.
Want to re download my payed (here on AndroidPIT) SwiftKey app on my new device and am not able to!?

Please some solution needed. ;)

Feb 13, 2014 2:45:36 PM via Website

Ok! I'm waiting for solution...

I have a paid app (Locus Map Pro), and I have a brand new device. I want to install this, but I can't do that.

Feb 14, 2014 6:14:29 AM via Website

Mate17
Ok! I'm waiting for solution...

I have a paid app (Locus Map Pro), and I have a brand new device. I want to install this, but I can't do that.

I guess you device might be saying application from unknown sources are not allowed to be installed........ like that .... you can fix it by going into the setting> security>Device administrators>unknown sources tick on that box and then try installing that application i am sure it is going to be installed now.

Feb 14, 2014 8:33:28 AM via Website

Thank for your answer!

The application from unknown sources are already allowed.
I choose the Locus Pro from your Appcenter and when a click on Install button, then Appcenter redirects to Google Play. But I paid via AndriodPIT not GooglePlay.

May 8, 2014 3:29:36 PM via Website

For anyone else reading this, we cover this issue all the time and have created many threads about it.

The new AndroidPIT app v2.x cannot install apps for you. It simply replaces the old ''content'' app with a new one. The App Center app - downloaded from the link above - is and always has been the one to use for installing and updating apps bought from AndroidPIT. So you need to have it installed for your purchases and updates to work. We know it's a bit confusing and we apologize for that, but we couldn't update everything at the same time.

However, it is up to app developers to upload new versions of their apps to our servers, so if you aren't getting updates (and you have the App Center app installed) then you need to contact the developers to ask them what's up. Because the app is theirs we can't take updated versions and distribute them to our community unless they give us the permission to do so (by uploading the new versions).

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting