How can I organize my apps?

• Replies:2
Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jan 15, 2014, 6:08:49 PM via Website

Right now my Nexus 5 looks like a big mess with soo many apps on there. What is the best way to organize them? Is there a folder I can make (1 for games, 1 for other things?) I guess I need an app for this?

— modified on Jan 15, 2014, 6:09:51 PM

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Jan 15, 2014, 6:15:03 PM via Website

Um ... I use Nova Launcher, at least on my desktop, to organize my homescreen apps. It has a great folder system and you can also back up your settings in case of a root/reflash/reset (if you do those sort of things, which I do often). I think you can also organize the app drawer itself using some launchers, but I've never seen one with folders in it.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Mike Thibeau
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 21, 2014, 5:08:42 AM via App

I use Aviate launcher. It does a great job and is fairly straight forward. Main page with pic and 10commonly used Apps, 2nd page is what they call trays. They organize your Apps into categories, and while you can't create trays, you can clear out the premades and organize it how you want. 3rd and last page is all your Apps in alphabetical order. There is a 4th page, shipping the opposite way of the home screen, which let's you select between home work and travelling type stuff or check in local area places.

If you decide to try it, it's still in beta, but ask on Twitter, someone will send you an invite.