How do you save battery on your Android?

• Replies:10
Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jan 16, 2014, 3:35:00 PM via Website

Hey guys,

What are some tips you would recommend to Android users to save some of their battery life?

This one is obvious:
1. black wallpaper

Have any more to add?

— modified on Jan 16, 2014, 3:35:21 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 16, 2014, 3:58:06 PM via Website

When internet is not required disable the connection

Veronica C.
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 17, 2014, 9:54:31 AM via Website

Hi! Disconnect the functions of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and don't connect to the high-speed internet. Disable push notifications, vibration, turn off the sound.. There is an article on Digital Trends that lists a few more tips on how to keep your battery's life longer.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 17, 2014, 11:44:39 AM via Website

With the Nexus 5 screen brightness makes a difference but wallpaper colour doesn't, as it's not an amoled screen (thank god). I use Greenify, which hibernates apps, meaning there's no lag or drain, without actually closing them. I also use a profiler that underclocks/overclocks my phone depending on which apps I'm using, what the battery level is, and time of day.

Sinkster

Veronica C.

Nik Burin
  • Forum posts: 53

Jan 17, 2014, 11:27:12 PM via App

if you want to use your phone longer,but do not expect to receive/send phone calls or texts or browse internet,enable flight mode,saves battery like a charm

pluglesstech
  • Forum posts: 67

Jan 19, 2014, 4:11:25 PM via Website

Determine which apps you may not need or use anymore and uninstall them, determine which apps you keep are causing the most battery drain and see if a comparable replacement from the marketplace is going to do better.

Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Jan 19, 2014, 4:24:40 PM via App

choetech
Determine which apps you may not need or use anymore and uninstall them, determine which apps you keep are causing the most battery drain and see if a comparable replacement from the marketplace is going to do better.

Just go to app manager and untick messages from those apps in question.
Then keep an eye on the battery for a week or so.

— modified on Jan 19, 2014, 4:25:24 PM

Pteryx
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 21, 2014, 11:30:56 PM via App

Anders Bagger
choetech

Just go to app manager and untick messages from those apps in question.
Then keep an eye on the battery for a week or so.
Do you mean untick "show notifications" ? that's what I see in app manager on my Samsung. what do notifications do?

Hamžawÿ Ábù Råbåä
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 29, 2014, 6:17:23 PM via Website

Don' you play games ..:rolleyes:

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 6, 2014, 1:03:32 PM via Website

Brightness is its minimum level, turn off auto rotation, clear ram, use minimum widget on home screen, turn off WiFi, Bluetooth , GPS and other stuff, Extra advice is when you charging your phone switched it off. thank you :)

Wizecture
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 12, 2014, 3:56:27 AM via Website

One addition to the other posts is to make sure your phone is closing processes as it normally should. Don't press the home button if you are done with an application as that will cause it to run in the background. Press the back button in order to exit an application.