Your favorite device out of the box - No mods, no tweaks, before you installed anything?

• Replies:7
Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Jan 21, 2014, 7:28:02 PM via Website

Here's a question for everyone: Out of all the Android phones/tablets you've bought, what was your out of the box favorite? I'm talking about before anything was installed or (in my case) rooted, modded, or otherwise changed? For me, I think every phone I've owned came with some junk and frustrations, whether it was battery problems, bloatware, or stupid custom interfaces.

However, if I had to play favorites, I really enjoyed my HP Slatebook x2. It had its issues - for one thing, it had a proprietary AC-only(!) charger that prevented any direct connection to a computer. However, the coolest thing about it is it was the only tablet I ever bought that had a bundled, high-quality keyboard dock. Plus it had very few preinstalled apps and a totally vanilla interface. I couldn't root it, but for once I didn't need to.

My second choice would be my Nexus 7 (the first model) but it lagged quite a bit.

My least favorite: Anything made by Motorola.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Jan 21, 2014, 11:51:53 PM via App

My S3 is the most favorite one of all time. Despite the big screensize. It allsp the only thing that i have not modded in any way. All other stuff, like my old galaxy s plus and my laptop's have all been wiped and had new software installed instead of the one that came with the thing.

Nik Burin
  • Forum posts: 53

Jan 22, 2014, 3:02:13 AM via App

my probably was nexus 4,i didn't have to mod it in any way,all other devices i had,i had to root them or install custom roms

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jan 22, 2014, 12:57:23 PM via Website

To be fair, every new android I've had I initially loved out the box, but after a few days that would change and the usual modding would ensue. But the Nexus 5 has been immense, and while I've unlocked the bootloader and rooted I'm still on a stock(ish) rom. The only reason I rooted was for a few apps (tb, sdmaid, xPosed installer).

Sinkster

Chad_Higgins
  • Forum posts: 41

Feb 6, 2014, 8:09:37 PM via Website

How do you get your apps or games on the sd card? for a sumsung galaxy i mean, running jelly bean 4.1

Chad_Higgins
  • Forum posts: 41

Feb 6, 2014, 8:12:29 PM via Website

i got a evo 3D and its the only phone i know that has 3D pic's and video.
My HTC Evo 3D is only running 4.0 ice cream sandwich. But i have never had it let me down.
Yes it does have poor battery life but what smartphone doesn't.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 7, 2014, 6:18:25 AM via Website

For me my all time favorite was Samsung Galaxy Tab2 ... when it was out of the box i was like amazed to see such a huge tablet at first i feel very odd but now it's my best friend i love to play games, listen music and just every thing, it's almost a year and i am still not rooted enjoying a lot with sammy stock ROM ... what i feel odd is the update !! on updating its a bit lagged behind the previously it is updating way more faster than others but now..... but again it will be my all time favorite !!

rob d.
  • Forum posts: 35

Feb 8, 2014, 3:33:54 AM via Website

S4 Google Play Edition