Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Restarts at random

• Replies:6
  • Answered
Rocky Gray
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 31, 2014, 8:54:23 AM via App

Has anyone found a solution to the Note 3 random reboot problem? I rooted and installed Darthstalker ROM which helped compared to stock but still happens 3-4 times a day, at worst time.(at the end of a long email before you hit send, twice while writing this!).
Thanks in advance,
Rocky

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Feb 11, 2014, 6:50:27 PM via Website

Hey Rocky, have you done a Factory Reset? I'd suggest doing a full backup, resetting and wiping partitions etc and then restoring and seeing how it goes. Sometimes new ROMs can be a little buggy if you don't reset before installing them. There could also be a hardware problem if it was happening before on official Samsung firmware. Did you speak to a Samsung repair center before you flashed the ROM?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

MrCooper
  • Forum posts: 23

Feb 12, 2014, 4:18:24 AM via Website

I've had my Note 3 for a few months not and havent noticed anything out of the ordinary. This phone is actually amazing, I'd say by far the best phone on the market, better yet... ever! =)

Eddy B.

Mar 17, 2014, 2:55:24 PM via App

hi Rocky,
having still the same problem here.
Running on the latest official firmware. 4.4.2.
Last week I finally, after my purchase in September, found a Samsung servicepoint, living in the Carabian.
They did a factory reset and found no problem. Further investigation would cost me money. The investigation would be a full wipe and formatting and then a reinstall.
I took my Note 3 back because I can do this myself.
First a cold start with VOLUME-UP + HOME BUTTON and POWER ON to start to choose several options to erase everything and start fresh.
Hooked my Note3 to the PC with Odin 3.09, did a Nand.erase.all and install of the firmware selected from SamMobile.

The first two days all looked well. but now the random reboots are back. Not a clue what may cause it.
afcourse an app can be buggy, but I can not find out which one.

I also have almost every phonecall being disconnected during a conversation. This week I'll go for a new simcard to see if that helpes.

If all stayes the same I'll go back to the Servicepoint and ask them to send the Note 3 to Samsung for repair or a new one.

Eddy

Eddy B.

Mar 19, 2014, 3:36:53 AM via App

Today went for a new simcard to be sure that this isn't the problem.
within one hour another reboot :-(
Tomorrow look at the phone calls.
After that definitely back to the Samsung service point with my story.

Rocky Gray

Mar 19, 2014, 6:16:05 AM via Website

Thanks for all your help. It still does the same thing after re installing Darth Stalker. I am considering going back to Stock and shipping it back for repair.

Rider0
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 16, 2014, 6:58:48 PM via Website

I am having the same problems even after performing a Factory Reset. The problem completely went away for a few weeks after the reset but then came back with a vengeance!

1) Is there any point in seeking a warranty replacement? 2) Does this occur with less frequency with Kit Kat? 3) Is there any connection that users note regarding encryption of their devices? My Note 3's SD card and internal memory is encypted.