Why should i diss facebook?

• Replies:15
Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Feb 4, 2014, 1:43:44 PM via App

Somewhat twisted question. I really like that facebook is holding all my contacts. It is a bit like a phonebook. Never the less. Should i delete my facebook account and go for Google+ as the only one? Or should I remain having an facebook account, just to annoy people that think that I am logged on every day. I log in to facebook 2 times a week. Google+ every day. Should I delete facebook or not?

Geratius
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 4, 2014, 6:54:15 PM via Website

What a problem:) Unfortunatelly, many people prefer to talk on facebook. You must be logged in. I prefer to talk on Hangouts. Try to persuade your friends to start using Hangouts. It will be the first step to G+.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 5, 2014, 9:33:45 AM via Website

i think you are inside a loop and can't decide which to use and which not to !! Both Google+ and Facebook are popular i don't think you should delete any of them like i know you can't uninstall Google+ and this gives you an option to delete Facebook !! I can tell you a number of points why you should not delete Facebook : instant source of connection medium to friends as you could find most of your friends and family members on Facebook... while i don't think you are going to find every one on Google+ if they are on Google+ but you can't find daily updates of your friends and family while on Facebook you could always find one !!

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 5, 2014, 11:18:49 AM via Website

I was one of the early Google+ users (I was invited via xda), plus I was never a huge facebook user. I still have messenger, and use facebook on my laptop occasionally, but more often than not it's not installed on my phone. The main reason is just how useless facebook really is now, just a stream of memes, pseudo-intellectual spoutings, and invites to be neighbours in some farming/shopping/candy style games.

Sinkster

Eddie Goldman
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 5, 2014, 12:06:21 PM via Website

don't leave FB just yet,
try to move your connections and businesses to other more relevant networks
then - rethink about this in lets say 6 months

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Feb 5, 2014, 1:12:59 PM via Website

I've almost thinking about ditching FB but I've been using it for about seven years now and it now has a ton of pictures and contacts! Back in the day, I never backed up any of my pics and now it seems like it would take ages to do this now. I really love Google+ but none of my friends use it, it's just for work and my interest in tech stuff as well as networking.
If you are wanting to get away from Facebook, I would start weaning yourself off slowly.

Paul Rosales

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Feb 5, 2014, 6:58:06 PM via Website

I've tried to kill my FB account several times and keep coming back. I lose touch with too many friends who only use Facebook for keeping in contact with the world. It's too well accepted to avoid it, I think. I also don't like the G+ interface nearly as much.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Paul Rosales
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 6, 2014, 6:05:13 AM via Website

Well once about 3 yrs. ago I believe my ex-girlfriend hacked into my FB account, as well as my gmail account and could no longer log into gmail and my FB account just vanished into thin air. So I wonder how your account keeps coming back. Strange stuff.

Lavdeep Singh
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 6, 2014, 9:18:20 AM via Website

Never , It is a great platform to have News, Fun, Friends, Science and Love on same time :P

Lalit
  • Admin

Feb 6, 2014, 9:41:48 AM via Website

after looking at all the discussions i can say Facebook worth it because it have our memories either its bad or good !! FB remains active so there is no need to uninstall Facebook i am sure your device has enough memory to keep your past alive !!

Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Feb 8, 2014, 12:08:59 AM via Website

John F.
after looking at all the discussions i can say Facebook worth it because it have our memories either its bad or good !! FB remains active so there is no need to uninstall Facebook i am sure your device has enough memory to keep your past alive !!

My pc is the only device, i ever use facebook on. A couple of years ago, I had facebook on my phone.
I can not remember when. Think it was 2010 or something i stopped using FB on any mobile device.

Alastair B.
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 19, 2014, 5:25:27 PM via Website

I've never used FaceBook and have never felt the need to. Those people I wish to stay in touch with know my phone number and email address and not being on FaceBook gives me more impetus to actually meet them face to face.

Lalit
  • Admin

Feb 25, 2014, 11:08:50 AM via Website

Well, according to me Facebook is a good thing as well as the worst thing we are living in a digital world, means we can be friends with other's in the digital world but can't do the same in the real world.... It looks as now we are much more dependent on the technology !! anyways who thinks about it .... either through smartphone,PC's etc we are accessing Facebook, so there is not way the it will be sacrificed ! I would say using it from smartphones, Laptops and PC's is dependent upon you !!B)

Brian McLaughlin
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 14, 2014, 1:47:51 PM via Website

The thing with Facebook, as with all other social networks, is, that in order to get onto a new one, some kind of tipping point has to be reached to make people switch to a new one (or leave an old one alltogether). So far, I don't think G+ has reached that stage and Facebook is way too intertwined with everyones lives (much more than myspace ever was).

Marym Mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 105

Apr 5, 2014, 6:39:19 AM via Website

Lavdeep Singh
Never , It is a great platform to have News, Fun, Friends, Science and Love on same time :P

give this man a cookie :)

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher