google stopped working

• Replies:15
chris
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 7, 2014, 10:16:25 AM via Website

Access to everything google has stopped -think one of the kids has turned something off, but I have no idea what. Anyone have any clues how to get playstore and google mail back.

It wont connect to google, but I do have normal internet

Helps please anyone

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Feb 7, 2014, 10:24:09 AM via Website

Hi Chris!

Did you check in your Setting and then under accounts if your Google account is still there? Maybe they have deleted it. If it's not there, just add it again.

We wrote a blog post about this with 7 different solutions that you could check out called Here's what to do when Google Play isn't working.

To break it down to you, you can:
1. Empty the cache for the Google Play Store in your settings
2. Delete Data
3. Uninstall Play Store updates
4. Clear cache for Google Play services
6. Activate the Download Manager which is in the settings under Applications as well.
7. Remove account and reinstate.

Let me know if any of these solutions worked for you ;)

shadha ahmed

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 7, 2014, 10:26:14 AM via Website

chris
Access to everything google has stopped -think one of the kids has turned something off, but I have no idea what. Anyone have any clues how to get playstore and google mail back.

It wont connect to google, but I do have normal internet

Helps please anyone

try restarting you're device !! if still you are unable to connect with the Google service try signing in again!!

chris

Feb 7, 2014, 10:59:17 AM via Website

Tried signing in again. But it wont recognise any log in I try, either existing id or if I try to create a new one.

Tried all the usual shut down and restarts

shadha ahmed

Lalit
  • Admin

Feb 7, 2014, 11:04:55 AM via Website

chris
Tried signing in again. But it wont recognise any log in I try, either existing id or if I try to create a new one.

Tried all the usual shut down and restarts

Try going with existing ID, and do make sure that your internet connection is working !!

chris

Feb 7, 2014, 11:46:20 AM via Website

On everything google I get no connection -playstore, maps any google account or g+ etc....

Lalit
  • Admin

Feb 7, 2014, 11:56:18 AM via Website

chris
On everything google I get no connection -playstore, maps any google account or g+ etc....

What about the login are you able to log into the Google account, its because you are not signed to your gmail account that is why all of these services are not accessible !!

chris

Feb 7, 2014, 12:25:46 PM via Website

I'm afraid the message is no connection, which is odd as I have normal email and internet access to non google things

Lalit
  • Admin

Feb 7, 2014, 12:39:02 PM via Website

hmm... that's weird !! are you sure that you are tapping the correct gmail password i mean you should better try logging in to your gmail account using laptop or something !! I actually can't figure out what's wrong with your device and i am taking this as a failure to login in your gmail account because no google services are accessible and that can happen only because of the Google account !! Also, Check if the Google Play service application is installed over your device ?? :mellow::O

chris

Feb 10, 2014, 12:49:05 PM via Website

The deleate data thing worked... I left for a few hours and now its working..... very odd, but thaks for the advice every one

kdavidc
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 15, 2014, 11:21:43 PM via Website

I am having the same problem. Can you walk me through what you did to fix it. Thanks

Lalit
  • Admin

Mar 16, 2014, 7:43:47 PM via Website

Well, @kdavidc what @chris does was clearing ghe data stored by the play store yoh can do that by going to ghe appljcation manager then selecting the play store and clear the cache and data stored by the app!

Depanneur JOSEPH

Feb 18, 2016, 6:26:39 PM via Website

Just use your browser, search for google play, it will automatically open the app, it may be crash at the first launch, repeat the operation and it will work. If google play still crash when trying to open the app in the search bar, quickly search for google play to download the latest version.

Tom Fuller

Jan 22, 2017, 5:56:36 PM via Website

How do I go about deleting the information on this tablet? My Google is not working at all and I'm not sure where to go to get it working.

shadha ahmed

Jul 11, 2017, 2:07:51 PM via Website

how does it work

Marina Bateen

Jan 11, 2018, 4:11:24 PM via Website

hi...
I have the EXACT same problem with my Samsung J5...all Google related apps including gmail worked perfectly...but i had no storage, so my mistake was trying to clear storage: this is what caused all Google apps to stop working & NO CAPABILITY OF EMAIL, downloading apps or SIGNING BACK IN TO ANY GOOGLE APPS:
-I went to Google Play Services
-Manage storage
-CLEAR ALL DATA

HUGE MISTAKE!!! NEVER DO THIS!

my mobile has been useless ever since...
i tried every one of the 100 internet solutions..nothing works!
i have Google play store but it also does not allow sign in or downloading..no more any internet or email

however, the weird thing is my whats app works with the wifi...& my email on my computer works perfectly still.

PROBLEM: Google does not know how to recover from delete all data on mobiles...
that is stupid! then they should not allow users to DO IT!!
Error Message every time:

Cannot communicate with Google servers.
really stupid they do not have an easy fix when it was pretty easy to destroy my mobile.