google stopped working

• Replies:11
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Feb 7, 2014 10:16:25 AM via Website

Access to everything google has stopped -think one of the kids has turned something off, but I have no idea what. Anyone have any clues how to get playstore and google mail back.

It wont connect to google, but I do have normal internet

Helps please anyone

Feb 7, 2014 10:24:09 AM via Website

Hi Chris!

Did you check in your Setting and then under accounts if your Google account is still there? Maybe they have deleted it. If it's not there, just add it again.

We wrote a blog post about this with 7 different solutions that you could check out called Here's what to do when Google Play isn't working.

To break it down to you, you can:
1. Empty the cache for the Google Play Store in your settings
2. Delete Data
3. Uninstall Play Store updates
4. Clear cache for Google Play services
6. Activate the Download Manager which is in the settings under Applications as well.
7. Remove account and reinstate.

Let me know if any of these solutions worked for you ;)

Feb 7, 2014 10:26:14 AM via Website

chris
Access to everything google has stopped -think one of the kids has turned something off, but I have no idea what. Anyone have any clues how to get playstore and google mail back.

It wont connect to google, but I do have normal internet

Helps please anyone

try restarting you're device !! if still you are unable to connect with the Google service try signing in again!!

Feb 7, 2014 10:59:17 AM via Website

Tried signing in again. But it wont recognise any log in I try, either existing id or if I try to create a new one.

Tried all the usual shut down and restarts

Feb 7, 2014 11:04:55 AM via Website

chris
Tried signing in again. But it wont recognise any log in I try, either existing id or if I try to create a new one.

Tried all the usual shut down and restarts

Try going with existing ID, and do make sure that your internet connection is working !!

Feb 7, 2014 11:56:18 AM via Website

chris
On everything google I get no connection -playstore, maps any google account or g+ etc....

What about the login are you able to log into the Google account, its because you are not signed to your gmail account that is why all of these services are not accessible !!

Feb 7, 2014 12:25:46 PM via Website

I'm afraid the message is no connection, which is odd as I have normal email and internet access to non google things

Feb 7, 2014 12:39:02 PM via Website

hmm... that's weird !! are you sure that you are tapping the correct gmail password i mean you should better try logging in to your gmail account using laptop or something !! I actually can't figure out what's wrong with your device and i am taking this as a failure to login in your gmail account because no google services are accessible and that can happen only because of the Google account !! Also, Check if the Google Play service application is installed over your device ?? :mellow::O

Feb 10, 2014 12:49:05 PM via Website

The deleate data thing worked... I left for a few hours and now its working..... very odd, but thaks for the advice every one