How to factory reset the LG G2

• Replies:7
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Feb 12, 2014, 5:17:48 PM via Website

Performing a factory reset of the LG G2 is a cinch!

Careful because resetting your entire phone back to how you first got will erase all of your files, including documents, pictures, music, saved settings etc. This should only be done if you REALLY need to, if nothing else is working, not even powering on and off, clearing the cache etc. So make sure you perform a FULL BACKUP of your files before commencing.

Tap on your Apps icon on your home screen.
Find your settings and go to the General tab.
Scroll down to and tap on Factory Data Reset
Check the box for backup my data as well as backup account and automatic restore, if you so desire, and then choose Factory data reset to conclude.
Read the warning and then choose reset phone.
Tap on erase everything and then your device will be completely reset to square one and reboot (restart).

Done!

— modified on May 7, 2014, 11:03:36 AM by moderator

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 13, 2015, 1:46:53 PM via Website

I need help because I've tried to reset it but it seems to stop midway through the process. My one friend having issue in his phone.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Channa BGC
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 19, 2017, 11:35:08 AM via Website

Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button. When the LG logo is displayed release the Power button only then immediately press and hold the Power button again. Release both buttons when the Factory data reset screen displays. From the Factory data reset screen, select Yes.

Barbara Windsor

Elvin S.
  • Forum posts: 24

Oct 23, 2017, 8:53:24 AM via Website

Ensure the device is powered off.
Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button.
When the LG logo is displayed release the Power button only then immediately press and hold the Power button again.
Release both buttons when the Factory data reset screen displays.
From the Factory data reset screen, select Yes.
Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
Select Yes to start.
Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
Note To set up the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

Barbara Windsor
  • Forum posts: 68

Jun 5, 2018, 11:24:39 AM via Website

nice tips~

David Vitta
  • Forum posts: 16

Jul 25, 2018, 9:24:35 PM via Website

helpful for me aswell

Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Aug 2, 2018, 11:32:46 AM via Website

Before the resetting of LG G2, you'd better transfer important files from LG G2 to computer as a backup.
Step 1. You can pull down the notification shade.
Step 2. Then you need to tap on the icon on the top right corner.
Step 3. Just click on the gear icon to click on the Settings.
Step 4. Select the Backup & Reset button.
Step 5. Click on the Factory Data Reset
Step 6. You will receive a notification that remind you all the files will be erased and you can just confirm it.
Step 7. The start screen will show up if you finish the reset.
Step 8. Then you may be required to enter the account or other information. Just click on the Not Now button to skip to the next step.
Step 9. Finally just open the app tray and start the Gallery to see if there is still photos in it. If there is no photo in the device, that means your device has been reset successfully.

— modified on Aug 3, 2018, 11:09:05 AM

minmax428
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 25, 2020, 4:30:28 AM via Website

nice share