Samsung Galaxy S4 — Android kit kat update?

• Replies:5
Angel Ramos
  • Forum posts: 12

Feb 23, 2014, 4:40:18 PM via App

So my Galaxy s4 on sprint finally got Android version 4.4.2 but aside from me having better emojis nothing really seems different. The phone app hasn't change nor has my email or anything else. Any reason why? Please help

— modified on Feb 23, 2014, 4:40:30 PM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 24, 2014, 9:45:03 AM via Website

Hi Angel,
I was wondering what type of change you are expecting in your S4, I'd like to point out "The phone app hasn't change nor has my email or anything else. Any reason why? Please help" We updating hasn't any effect over your email address these updates are majorly bug fixes,performance etc ! The update is not suppose to update your email address ...... :grin:

The phone app hasn't change nor has my email or anything else. Any reason why? Please help

Dave Jarratt
  • Forum posts: 15

Feb 24, 2014, 1:41:53 PM via Website

Angel (what a lovely name),if I was you (which IN am Not cos I'm a 70year old non-geek) I wouldn't worry about what changes Kit Kat is all about cos by the time you have it all sussed out we will be at (say) the S8-"Rice Pudding).When I was a kid I used to work on the Kit Kat production line and after four years of nothing but Kit Kats,to get one on the phone would make me vomit.
I got Jelly Bean 4.3 on my S3 yesterday after six months of feeling I was missing out and being cheated.Well I've gone from 4.1 to 4.3 and I'm damned as to why I fretted so much,being a non-geek. I know where you are coming from,worrying about updates but my S3 is one year old and seeing as how Samsung are already at the S5,I have finally (after much meditation) that it's only a phone,not a Liver transplant machine--so what the hell why dont we all just go with the flow and stop our fretting over,not a lot.

Terry Parker
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 24, 2014, 6:14:16 PM via Website

Yes, you won't see a lot as some things right now are only for the Nexus phones. A lot is polish to the system. A major thing on my nexus 7 is battery management, especially when on wifi. It used to always be one of the top 2 uses of battery life, now it barely makes the top 10.As you use it you'll notice other things. It's a good update IMHO. Good luck and do a google search on the differences.

Angel Ramos

Feb 26, 2014, 9:07:46 AM via App

I had just read that kit Kat had upgrades to the way the email looked, no the email address. And also that the phone layout has also changed. but I guess as it had been pointed out that is for newer phones and my s4 probably just got some basic stuff..

Angel Ramos

Feb 26, 2014, 9:09:25 AM via App

thanks! I have been looking into it and realized that not much will change in my s4. quite sad but nothing I can do. looked forward to this update but it seems more of a fix and a thing of hype mainly.