Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — MM-Gcamera-daemon

• Replies:2
K.H.Loh
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 28, 2014, 3:48:44 AM via Website

Hi,

I just got a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and it runs well until three days later that I noticed that the phone became very hot especially near the area surrounding the camera lens and LED light.

When this happened, sometimes the camera cannot be activated and also it drains the battery.

When I went into the battery status under settins (general), on the top was displayed MM-Qcamera-Daemon with battery % running as high as 70~80% over.

However, when I reset the power to the phone, everything became normal again and this happens sporadically; can be everyday; can be 2 ~3 days once or even coulpe of times.

I had disabled the unified daemon under instructions from the Samsung hot line and also clear the the unneccessary ram usage and apps but problem remains until I reset the power.

Please advise how to overcome this problem.

Thank you

KH Loh

Calvin Lee
  • Forum posts: 17

Mar 8, 2014, 8:28:15 AM via App

you have check by going to battery
to see what use the most battery

K.H.Loh
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 11, 2014, 3:29:53 AM via Website

Hi Calvin,

Yes I had checked the battery status and it was there that I got to see that this "mm-gcamera-daemon" was using lots of battery it varies depending on when I check. It varies from 56 - 70%! and the phone gets very hot! But once I reset the power everything goes to normal.

By the way, original OS was Jelly bean 4.2 and recently I upgraded it to KITKAT 4.4.2 and it seems everything is ok now.

Thanks for your question.

KH Loh