Nokia X.... Told ya' !!

• Replies:11
Hideyasu
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 4, 2014, 2:50:34 PM via Website

The idea is good, but specs are a little bit low. Need more power!

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 5, 2014, 3:07:21 PM via Website

Hey!

I guess you were right? :) Did you see this coming from a mile away? :)
We covered the news at the MWC 2014 last week when they presented the Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. Check it out for details on all three devices as well as tech specs.

Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Mar 5, 2014, 6:37:18 PM via App

Well... What i foresaw, was not that it was comming. What I saw, was that it is rooted and someone got google apps running on it. I am just waiting for someone to get a custom rom om it.

plck74
  • Forum posts: 50

Mar 8, 2014, 1:52:01 AM via App

it is nice spec but have very weak in battery. hope nokia put better spec n battery.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 11, 2014, 6:56:00 AM via Website

It is one of the most awaited news for me, I would love to see Nokia devices wearing the skin of the Android. Well, I think Microsoft has something in mind while buying Nokia, some rumor states that previously Nokia was experimenting with its Lumia series but they don't get success. But cheers to Microsoft in bringing it to the Android, I was looking at a video on the youtube of Nokia and also got some disappointing news that Google services is not supported, and by having a look it also looks like Microsoft has changed the entire face of Android i.e. it looks like Windows phones you can compare it with Nokia Asha type look... :mad: but the best thing i like is the price point they have set up and it would be running KitKat. Well, I would say only time will tell how far can Microsoft will go with Android.

Shefali
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 14, 2014, 6:29:35 PM via Website

Nokia X is a dual sim smartphone which in now also available in india at 7500 rupees only

Lalit
  • Admin

Mar 21, 2014, 9:00:18 AM via Website

I was looking through several site and found it available for around $147, I don't know what these sites are up to but well it sure looks like other countries are getting Nokia X much more cheap than in here !

Ben Roveno
  • Forum posts: 22

Mar 28, 2014, 1:30:18 PM via Website

I'm curious if this phone runs stock Android custom ROM. I think it would be great, especially if it is the latest build. I'll probably get this phone when it comes out in my country soon. Hopefully, the specs are pretty good for that price.

Lalit
  • Admin

Mar 31, 2014, 8:15:48 AM via Website

Well, I have managed to get my hands on the Nokia X, works just perfectly but what I am disappointed with it is the look doesn't seems to be Android it looks a whole lot different ?? I don't know what Microsoft has done with the Android Just completely changed the look and feel it looks as if you are using the Windows phone not the Android device. And one of the most disappointing thing there is no PlayStore. :(

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Apr 1, 2014, 3:34:50 AM via Website

I really don't see the point of the X. As John Farrell points out, it's really nothing like Android. At best you'd call it a fork (think Kindle) that happens to have Google Play services. It might well be a great phone but if advertised as an Android phone it's gonna disappoint more than it satisfies.

michel holmes
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 18, 2014, 2:16:05 PM via Website

Hi, Nokia X is the most awaited phone with Android. This switch was done by Microsoft because consumer interest was shifting towards the Android Operating system device rather than Windows. I know that I have posted this post lately but it has dept in reviews about Nokia X dual sim Mobile.