Samsung Galaxy S3 — "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working"

• Replies:23
Raychelle
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 5, 2014, 5:28:31 PM via Website

Whenever I touch the "Share" icon to share a picture from my gallery, my S3 tells me "Unfortuantely, gallery has stopped working". I have tried clearing the cache but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone help PLEASE?!?!?!

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 5, 2014, 5:40:27 PM via Website

Hey Raychelle!

Did you also clear the data, force stop and then restore your phone?

If that doesn't fix it, you may have a corrupted media file that's causing the app to crash. The only way I know to find that would be to copy all your media files to a computer, and delete them from the phone. If that solves the issue, then try copying back just a small number of files at a time. When the app starts crashing again, you'll know the bad file was in that last batch.

You could use an alternate Gallery app like QuickPic which is free and a better organizer.

Let me know how it went!

Kel Claymore

taher ahmed
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 10, 2014, 6:56:20 PM via App

even I had this problem!
the only solution for this problem is to just enable the app "Paper artist".
if that doesn't work then disable"paper artist".it'll work for sure!
you can enable/disable paper artist by tapping on settings> more>application manager> All. There you'll find paper artist just tap on it and enable it!

Dana Butler

Karen Mulhern
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 11, 2014, 1:52:18 PM via Website

When I get to "more" I don't have an option for "all". The only options are "downloaded" and "sd card" (which I never bought) Although I remember disabling/removing "paper artist" I can't seem to find it sitting anywhere on my phone. Any suggestions? I'd like my gallery to start working again!

Kaung Kyaw

taher ahmed

Mar 11, 2014, 4:55:33 PM via App

Which version of Android it is? the navigation I told is for android 4.3 if yours is not 4.3 version then go to application manager and tap "paper artist" and try enabling it!

Kaung Kyaw

Karen Mulhern
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 11, 2014, 5:24:59 PM via Website

that's the problem. I'm in my application manager right now and there is NO paper artist listed there. I know I used to have it, and I'm almost positive I deleted it because it looked like something I didn't need/want/would ever use.
What exactly IS paper artist and why does the gallery need it to work? (If i'd known this I wouldn't have removed it!) Does this mean I need to access Google play and download Paper artist again before my gallery will work?

taher ahmed

Mar 14, 2014, 3:40:13 PM via App

Then try a factory reset!

LJP

Mar 17, 2014, 3:07:26 PM via Website

Thank you all for the help. I was having the same trouble...found that darn "Paper Artist" app in my turned off applications...turned it back on and voila - the gallery is working again.

Nhem

Mar 25, 2014, 3:57:56 AM via Website

You are a genious... It works, just activating it .... how did you find out?:grin:

taher ahmed

Mar 25, 2014, 3:53:02 PM via App

just Google is an answer for every question!

Nun Razif

May 22, 2014, 8:29:09 PM via Website

taher ahmed

even I had this problem!
you can enable/disable paper artist by tapping on settings> more>application manager> All. There you'll find paper artist just tap on it and enable it!

It worked! Thank you so much!

Eulipian

May 31, 2014, 10:49:01 PM via Website

taher ahmed

even I had this problem!

This works! I don't know how you discovered this--trial and error I suppose--but شكرا.

Adelina Monroe

Jun 10, 2014, 6:41:57 AM via Website

Thanks! Switching my paper artist worked for me! :)

taher ahmed

Jun 20, 2014, 4:34:52 PM via App

You are welcome!

Greg1100

Jun 24, 2014, 12:23:32 AM via Website

Hello,
I deleted paper artist about 21 months ago. Gallery has been working fine( albeit a bit slow to respond) until I read this. So I reinstalled it, and now most of the 600 pics on the phone will not load. I deleted it again, but still the same.
A case of " if it's working , leave it alone ".
Any ideas please ??

Greg1100

Jun 24, 2014, 2:10:28 AM via Website

Got rid of paper chase again- and dragged and dropped all the pics I wanted from pc. Will leave well alone next time,lol

Xuam Lau
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 14, 2014, 8:49:55 PM via Website

I had same problem previously and it worked the first time ...now I dont even see "paper artis" on my phine anymore dunno y even but now its asks u to pay for it...ummm why exactly because before it was free now it isnt?

Xuam Lau
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 14, 2014, 8:56:53 PM via Website

taher ahmed

even I had this problem!

I had same problem previously and it worked the first time ...now I dont even see "paper artis" on my phone anymore dunno y even but now its asks u to pay for it...ummm why exactly because before it was free now it isnt?

Hayley Wilton

Nov 9, 2014, 2:06:41 PM via Website

when you're in 'all' from app manager, i found my paper artist after disabling it by pressing the left area by the middle button on the actual phone. (not on the screen, at the bottom) there it should say 'reset app preferences' and this will enable paper artist back.

Vijay L

Oct 26, 2015, 6:01:43 AM via Website

tnx brother it helped me tnx alot

Dana Butler

Jan 28, 2016, 2:51:22 AM via Website

even I had this problem!

Thank you! It worked! I was also experiencing this issue and did as directed and it's not crashing anymore!

Alcala Prince

Mar 6, 2016, 12:10:26 AM via Website

Hey..I have a big problem...can anyone help..me@-@
When i touch the Gallery it says...GALLERY HAS STOPED...@-@ANYONE HELP ME! T-T

Margaret Kennedy

Mar 6, 2016, 2:01:17 AM via Website

I have a Samsung galaxy 3 mini, had it 10 months, when I'm taking photos then try to look at them it's showing black screen , any idea what's going wrong also says can't play this video, thanks

carl monpoint
  • Forum posts: 10

Mar 6, 2016, 8:45:58 AM via Website

Reboot it and clear the data history.