Samsung Galaxy S4 — Sound on videos

• Replies:9
Michael Mcculloch
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 12, 2014, 2:10:10 AM via Website

I recently took some videos and when playing them back the sound was fine but now when I play one there is no sound anymore when there was before can anyone help plse ?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 12, 2014, 6:20:37 AM via Website

Which media player you are using to play sounds ? I mean in some players you need to select the track audio !! well, if you are using stock player than try downloading some other players like vlc,real, etc.

Michael Mcculloch

Mar 12, 2014, 10:08:33 AM via Website

I was using mx player which played it a few times perfectly then when I tried yesterday it wouldn't work .... Pictures there but no sound ?

Michael Mcculloch

Mar 12, 2014, 10:25:28 AM via App

Yeah tried that and nothing tried using bs player and it's the same player other videos but not this one that's worked before which is strange lol

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 12, 2014, 10:47:40 AM via Website

Hey Michael,

Here are some options I can suggest:

• Some mkv's have multiple audio channels, click on the musical note icon in the upper right while playing your video to try another channel.
  • Try an alternate player, like BS Player.
  • If it is a .mkv file, convert it to mp4 using Handbrake.
  • turn on S/W audio under the decoder setting

Hopefully one of these will work for you! :)

Michael Mcculloch

Mar 12, 2014, 10:53:41 AM via App

I've already tried 2 other players and it's the same in the video details it says it's a mp4 file already also I have tried the music note and switched from hw to sw and hw+ and still no sound when there was before just baffles me lol

Michael Mcculloch

Mar 12, 2014, 12:44:58 PM via App

Cheers thank you very much ;)