Mar 22, 2014, 3:46:56 AM via Website

Hi,
Any ideas about Moto G build quality?

Regards,

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 24, 2014, 7:13:08 AM via Website

well, I don't know about it much because still i haven't had my hands on it, but i've been searching round for something interesting about Moto G

— modified on Mar 24, 2014, 5:43:10 PM by moderator

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 24, 2014, 12:33:43 PM via Website

Hi there,

The Moto G, for being an entry-level smartphone, has the best price/performance ratio I've seen in a very long time.

Quotes from our own hardware review:

Tech specs
The technical aspects that come with the Moto G aren’t in the class of superior smartphones, but sit somewhere in the middle ground. The quad-core processor with 1 GB of RAM and Android 4.3 operating system ensure that the system runs smoothly at all times. The 5 MP camera is in tune with the price class, while the battery for the device is actually quite good. Considering the price of 199 USD for the 16 GB version, the Moto G offers a great price-performance ratio.

Final verdict
Motorola and Google have proved with the Moto G that they have recognized the signs of the times. The huge potential in the mobile sector isn’t found in the high-end sector, but should be sniffed out in the lower price classes, as we’re seeing with Chinese manufacturers more and more. This is exactly where Googlerola looked and then introduced their second born, the Moto G. It’s a good smartphone with an outrageously low price and is the perfect combination to deliver Android to billions of people worldwide.

Here is the full hands-on review of the Moto G

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Mar 24, 2014, 5:36:06 PM via Website

Hey @Guji, while the Moto G arguably isn't as well-made as the Moto X it is pretty close. The Moto X is a lot heavier and feels a little more solid, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Moto G. It's super light and a bit plasticky for my liking but there's no denying it is very well put together, including handling submersion in water (which means there's no little gaps in the build for water to leak in).

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 7, 2016, 1:03:30 PM via Website

Moto G in India is dual sim variant with 1.2GHz Qualcomm snapdragon 400 processor and 1 GB of ram. 4.5 inch display with 720x1280 screen resolution gives pixel density of 329 ppi which is similar to iphone5s gives you wonderful display. Reading ebooks or browsing webpages is fantastic and text is absolutely crisp. It has a gorilla glass 3, which is scratch resistant and also been coated with water repellant nano-coating.