How to back up my phone when touch screen is broken?

• Replies:9
Mike Moretti
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 28, 2014, 4:33:38 AM via Website

Hi All, I craped my screen to I have no picture on the screen and the touch doe not work. I had a password on the phone so when I try to back up my phone its asking my to unlock my device but touch does not work. Is there any way around this so I would be able to back up all my music and images on my PC? Or is there another way?!?1/

Thanks
Mike

— modified on Mar 28, 2014, 3:42:40 PM by moderator

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 28, 2014, 5:29:35 AM via Website

Well, that seems weird as your touch is not working then I would say rush to your nearest dealer the problem is in the hardware. But if you are sure that no it was working fine previously and after I mess with it goes ...... so i would say try holding the power and volume+up button until you see the Android logo and then use the volume up and down button to scroll to factory reset or ..... then try restarting your device. :unsure:

Mike Moretti
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 28, 2014, 3:34:37 PM via Website

Hi John, Thanks for the response. The LCD screen is cracked not just the glass, so i can not see any picture and am not able to navigate to factory setting restart and is the same reason i can not input my password to unlock the phone. prior to breaking everything worked perfectly. So even holding the power and volume+up button i will not be able to see any Android logo come up.

Thanks
Mike

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 31, 2014, 2:13:22 PM via Website

There's an app here that lets you backup your phone through ADB(android debug bridge). No root required, but you need adb debugging switched on which is near impossible to do without a working touchscreen. Your other option would be to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery, which would let you transfer sd card contents while in recovery but it may invalidate any warranty you have.

— modified on Mar 31, 2014, 2:14:01 PM

Sinkster

Gerald Adams
  • Forum posts: 16

May 18, 2016, 12:04:57 PM via Website

Cracked LCD is a big problem, it can't be solve in codes. @Lalit is right, you need to replace its LCD.

Alice
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 14, 2018, 3:51:21 AM via Website

Hi Mike,

You can back up your music and images by third-party software.Just connect you phone to computer via USB, after a short time scanning later, the software will list all data, including the music and images on PC. Then you can back up data you want . High recommend Mobikin Assitant for Android/iOS.

Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Aug 21, 2019, 7:30:28 AM via Website

With the help of some special tool, it is still possible to back up Android data when touch screen is broken.Broken Android Data Extraction software,it enables users to directly get access to broken Android and extract files data within few clicks.

korence
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 30, 2020, 10:15:59 AM via Website

Repairing the touch screen can solve the problem. This might be more convenient.

habanavee
  • Forum posts: 20

Mar 8, 2021, 12:52:05 PM via Website

You need to replace your Lcd/Led panel.