Welcome to our new forum!

• Replies:34
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Apr 14, 2014, 4:00:16 PM via Website

Hi everyone!

Welcome to our new and improved AndroidPIT forum!

This new forum has been built from the ground up and is based off of feedback that users provided during the beta-phase. We hope that the improvements and new responsive design, in addition to the increase in space for your own content, will please you!

Some of the hightlights are:

• new design, more space for content, better overview and readability
  • reponsive design to all screen sizes
  • new editor for adding new forum threads without digging through tones of forum categories and posts, now with drop down boxes to select the correct place to fit your contribution.

Of course, we will continue in trying to improve the forum. If you have any questions, feedback, or just want to pat us on the back ;) let us know! :)

Maksim Kudimov

antonio-rodrigues
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 14, 2014, 5:53:43 PM via Website

konami powa!!! ;-)

PS: nice redesign, it feels more clean and unclettered. great to see you optin for responsive ;-)

Loie Favre

My1
  • Forum posts: 673

Apr 14, 2014, 7:55:35 PM via Website

Well to be honest I dont like the design devolution since Win8 horrible.I dont rly like all that flat and such. why build up all those nice effects just to kill them later???

But a bug, when you click more at a post you see "reported" and in the German one "gemeldet" but I dont think they are reported yet, so they should rather say report and Melden in German.

also could you maybe return to BBCode (or maybe make it usable at least)? Most "more advanced forum users know that and can use it while typing in the app without having to look up everything...

MFG/Regards My1

Loie Favre

Apr 15, 2014, 10:13:35 AM via Website

Hey John,

I've moved your thread to the post I added yesterday introducing our new forum. For more info, check out our article: AndroidPIT responsive forum is now live!

It might take some time to get used to, however, it should provide for a better user experience.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 15, 2014, 10:49:09 AM via Website

@Loie Well, over all I loved the interface and design but for me its a lot confusing ! I think i better shift myself to this new interface but I would really appreciate if some more colors can be put on it ! Everything is white and white and white !!:'(

— modified on Apr 15, 2014, 10:50:24 AM

Loie Favre

Apr 15, 2014, 11:15:33 AM via Website

Basically you have one main page where everything is stored for a better overview. You don't have to change endless amounts of pages, content is added onto the bottom, which is a major plus and requires a lot less clicking. The drop down menus for the various categories on the main page are also very useful in my opinion and the pictures of devices are now bigger and nicer. There are new, more modern emoticons...lots of cool new stuff.

Lalit
  • Admin

Apr 15, 2014, 11:38:46 AM via Website

Loie Favre

Basically you have one main page where everything is stored for a better overview. You don't have to change endless amounts of pages, content is added onto the bottom, which is a major plus and requires a lot less clicking. The drop down menus for the various categories on the main page are also very useful in my opinion and the pictures of devices are now bigger and nicer. There are new, more modern emoticons...lots of cool new stuff.

Nope, nope !! :'( honestly speaking :angel: i like the forum comment box as well as the content addition in the bottom of the page and yes the preview pane is just a great plus :angel:but the problem comes while you are navigation as you can't guess where you are, I mean previously I can identify that this thread is here and ........ but now it seems all messed up ! Everything is white,lesser white and white and another thing which is bothering me now is the side bar add that keeps showing when I scroll down. It just started to look annoying because ..... !!! :what: Please don't take my review as a criticism but I'd rather love this community to get even much more bigger and I am like addicted to it, just get up early and work lately in the search of unanswered thread !! :*

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Apr 15, 2014, 3:18:56 PM via Website

I like the new forum, but everything takes a little getting used to unfortunately. Still, after a couple of weeks you'll forget all about the old forum. Remember the new Play Store? Everyone hated that and we're all used to it now. I can hardly even remember what i hated so much about the enw design.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Loie Favre

Randall Gautreaux
  • Forum posts: 24

Apr 15, 2014, 3:36:21 PM via Website

strong text I have only been a member of this fine institution for a short period( a month or so) but i can only say that its a great site and the new forum look is awesome and a lot easier to work with and look at.. Bravo!!!,good work guys!!!!!!

Loie Favre

My1

Apr 15, 2014, 5:30:23 PM via Website

Well I do. but did anyone read the bug report and recommodations at post 5?

also another recom, since you will probably make AP flat completely, but before you even think about that, could you maybe introduce Themes or alike??? Thanks.

MFG/Regards My1

Randall Gautreaux
  • Forum posts: 24

Apr 16, 2014, 11:22:28 AM via Website

I like black and white.

Loie Favre

Loie Favre

Apr 17, 2014, 11:46:14 AM via Website

@Randall: thank you very much for the compliment :)

@ Philipp: I'll pass on your suggestions/corrections to our development team.

@John: I'm sorry the forum still doesn't meet your expectations. Unfortunately there is not much we can do about the look of it right now. :( I'll let you know if they are able to spruce it up a bit.

maja zafran
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 18, 2014, 8:43:45 AM via Website

how many people use that forum ? :)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 39

Apr 18, 2014, 9:11:45 AM via Website

I cant see how many people viewed my post. And @john , yeah , everything is just black and white and green. I didn't like it too.. :( I struggle a lot while to find what I want using this web site, though its not that bad.

But can you implement something cool , like this site have lot of links , rather would you mind having buttons (with meaningful colors) that are logically placed over the document.

My1

Apr 18, 2014, 9:00:18 PM via Website

thanks loie.

but also it would be nice to have a quick reply field directly at the bottom if you are just wanting to add sth. to the thread and not answer a specific person...

MFG/Regards My1

Lalit
  • Admin

Apr 21, 2014, 8:12:06 AM via Website

@maja AndroidPit community is just much more broad than you or I can think off, moderators and admins or this site are just amazing every-time opened it I found something new and different especially in the homepage of AndroidPit, every new news is just <3 I am regular,happy, and one of the biggest fan of AndroidPit I just want to just every AndroidPit team member they are just doing awesome work........ what more I would say I feel in love :*

Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Apr 22, 2014, 8:18:01 PM via Website

Really like the new forum. It's clean and a lot easier (and less confusing) to navigate.

Lalit
  • Admin

Apr 25, 2014, 10:10:29 AM via Website

@Moderators and @Admins

Another live example of spamming have a look at the @lili post, this is what I was talking about ! This forum is occupied by some ....... :( Although I have reported it to the moderators ;)

— modified on Apr 25, 2014, 10:11:25 AM

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Apr 25, 2014, 12:13:55 PM via Website

John Farrell

@Moderators and @Admins

Another live example of spamming have a look at the @lili post, this is what I was talking about ! This forum is occupied by some ....... :( Although I have reported it to the moderators ;)

Hi John,

I do not see a post from @lili (maybe she has been deleted). Also, please feel free to contact me directly if you see any suspicious spammy content (but please remember, we check all posts daily and get rid of spam so you should not see spam more than a day old). Thanks :)

— modified on Apr 25, 2014, 12:15:17 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 25

Apr 25, 2014, 12:40:50 PM via App

antonio-rodrigues

konami powa!!! ;-)

PS: nice redesign, it feels more clean and unclettered. great to see you optin for responsive ;-)

Cool

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 25, 2014, 1:06:21 PM via Website

Mary Mod

John Farrell

@Moderators and @Admins

Hi John,

I do not see a post from @lili (maybe she has been deleted). Also, please feel free to contact me directly if you see any suspicious spammy content (but please remember, we check all posts daily and get rid of spam so you should not see spam more than a day old). Thanks :)

I deleted it on my mobile browser after receiving the email.

Sinkster

Lalit

Mate Devs
  • Forum posts: 31

Jul 24, 2014, 2:54:58 AM via Website

Great forum. Nice design. Thanks

Rushil Sablania
  • Forum posts: 11

Sep 8, 2014, 7:55:20 AM via Website

Great Job! :)

Luis Joselu
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 23, 2015, 7:01:02 PM via Website

hello everyone

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Oct 28, 2015, 11:04:20 AM via Website

Hello Friends,
Thank you for warm welcome in new forum..

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Joseph Collins
  • Forum posts: 15

Apr 29, 2016, 8:14:38 AM via Website

Ya its amazing

Ganskkerty
  • Forum posts: 10

Dec 7, 2017, 3:50:50 AM via Website

Wellcome ,it is a good forums of Android ,you can ask some questions or share some answers ,

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Jan 6, 2019, 2:46:57 PM via Website

Loie Favre
Except for the icon and the banner at the top of the screen, I just don't see any change in the forum!
However!
In the past while trying to respond to a post I was experiencing keyboard lag and tab crashes! And that pop up box that says. "This page has become unresponsive "
With the new forum those problems have mostly gone away!
And I just wanted to say thank you too the Android pit for those improvements!

— modified on Jan 7, 2019, 12:41:15 PM

Mikealo90
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 10, 2020, 2:15:47 PM via Website

Hi there. Im new be here)My name s Michael.

Jony Karter
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 27, 2021, 5:11:43 PM via Website

WOW! Thank you!