Samsung Galaxy S4 — How to charge wtihout USB port?

• Replies:5
Arasyo
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 25, 2014, 9:11:37 AM via Website

Hi, all folks there. The USB port on my S4 has broken thus it cannot be charged now. I have a second battery from mpj so that I am still able to check the text messages or other important data so far. Is there any easy way to charge the battery without USB port? Thank you in advanced.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 25, 2014, 12:16:22 PM via Website

@Arasyo Hmmm..... well, I have seen an charger that can do this i just doesn't remember what it is called :? It's a charger that is pinned to the contact of the battery and ........... !! I think some googling might help you in this I just cant remember what it is called, previously I use to charge my phone battery using it . :O

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 25, 2014, 1:04:44 PM via Website

You can get what John's talking about from ebay, normally traders from HK or China have this set up where a spare battery comes with a plug-in charger independent of the phone. You could also look for a wireless charger adapter, though it would be dearer.

Sinkster

tsg756
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 26, 2014, 11:38:35 AM via Website

john is right but the charger is very rare and expensive i guess

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 28, 2014, 9:05:22 AM via Website

Arasyo

Hi, all folks there. The USB port on my S4 has broken thus it cannot be charged now. I have a second battery from mpj so that I am still able to check the text messages or other important data so far. Is there any easy way to charge the battery without USB port? Thank you in advanced.

Hey Arasyo,

I remembered its name "Universal Mobile Battery Charger" try googling out I am sure you can find it on ebay or tesco stores. :)

Vinlin
  • Forum posts: 2

May 16, 2014, 11:38:36 AM via Website

You can get a QI wireless charging receiver and a QI wireless charger and then you can charge your S4 wireless.
The QI wireless charging receiver looks like a card which is only 1mm thickness.