How to remove default launcher on Android

• Replies:6
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

May 5, 2014, 1:04:27 PM via Website

Hello AndroidPIT friends!

Today I'll give you a quick rundown on how to change or remove a default launcher on your Android smarpthone.

Go to Settings > Apps/Applications > scrolll down to the launcher that is the default for your Android device > scroll down and tap on 'Clear defaults'.

Defaults are set when you are asked to set a launcher just once or always.

Have a great day and let us know if you need any more clarifications! :*

— modified on May 5, 2014, 1:04:59 PM

VITHAL KULKARNI
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 25, 2016, 5:55:55 AM via Website

Hi!
I have downloaded Kitkat custom ROM and it works nice. I have also expanded its RAM up to 3 GB successfully which was only 512 MB. And my Canvas 2 works very fast. But.......... unfortunately Launcher 3 is its default launcher. Means, the developer has set this launcher as default and he has disabled all options so that no one can run any other launcher. This is very frustrating thing. Because he has stolen our freedom by giving a ROM at free of cost. This developer is very dangerous. He took all permissions to access my phone for any purpose.
So please suggest me to do what next. Thanks in advance.

Juniorbaby

Liu Huanhuan
  • Forum posts: 22

Mar 14, 2017, 4:10:14 AM via Website

Thanks for your sharing

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 23

Apr 25, 2017, 10:15:29 AM via Website

I am interested in how can I go back to default launcher, I am painful with this problem.

Ryan Campbell

Mar 21, 2018, 6:25:20 AM via Website

The basic advice on going to apps, clearing defaults, etc. does not work on most Android phones in which the launcher is pre-installed by the manufacturer. There seems to be no way to get rid of these virus-like launchers from many phones unless the phone is rooted. Many of us do not want to root our phones because of the problems that can create with a lot of apps. It would be great if someone would develop an app to eradicate pesky launchers that are simply nuisances!

Richard Pence
  • Forum posts: 10

Jun 9, 2018, 12:34:26 PM via Website

Thanks for sharing this informative guide.

Niley Revers

Oct 26, 2018, 4:26:54 PM via Website

This does not work at all!!!