How to Hard Reset the LG G2

• Replies:6
  • Stickied
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

May 7, 2014, 1:43:03 PM via Website

If your LG G2 won't boot properly or screen-on so you can access the settings menu for a reset, you may need to do a Hard Reset via the hardware buttons.

Note: Make sure you have backed up any important apps or data on your G2 before doing a reset.

• You want to turn off your LG G2.
  • Then press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons.
  • When you see the LG logo release the Power button and press it again.
  • Now you'll see the Hard Reset screen.
  • Have a quick read and press Power to confirm the reset.
  • If you don't want to reset, just hit the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons to turn your phone off again.

Let us know if you have any problems.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Rustam Yamilov
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 7, 2015, 11:37:02 PM via Website

Hi! I have a big problem here. Very thankful for your help. I just wanna say also that Im not so good at english.
I have a Lg G2, but its not working properly. When turn it on its starting and you see the LG logo but its begin to start over again and again(loop) til it run of the battery. The only thing you see is lg logo, it doesnt go any further.Pls help, Im a poor student who rwally dont have money to buy a new sellphone and I use this phone in my school and my jobs. What can do?

Pls help, sincerly, Rustam.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 13, 2015, 1:50:37 PM via Website

Take your phone to any LG service center, it may have some hardware problem.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Alaxhoo
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 14, 2017, 10:57:12 AM via Website

YEAH, I follow the steps and do it successfully

M shafiq
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 31, 2018, 7:12:37 AM via Website

Nice Post Bro Thank you so much

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Dec 3, 2019, 7:57:40 AM via Website

Hard reset LG phone will solve the system problems, and erase all settings and data on LG phone, and will also be locekd by Google account if set up one Google account to FRP lock the LG phone when reset the phone in abnormal method. So it's better to reset LG phone with one professional tool.

— modified on Dec 3, 2019, 7:58:09 AM

rachel gomez
  • Forum posts: 31

Apr 3, 2023, 8:07:27 AM via Website

Turn the phone off. Press and hold the following keys at the same time: Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key on the back of the phone. Release the Power/Lock Key only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again. Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez