re purchased app that is no longer on android pit

• Replies:6
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

May 10, 2014 11:37:33 PM via Website

hi i bought beautiful widgets pro in 2012 of you and has been working fine to day i had to reformat my phone after i done it all i re installed android pit app centre logged in ok it say i have purchased the item and when i click on it to down load it it says not available on the app place yet and sends me to the play store which then says it will cost me £1.99 to buy can you please advise me as it was on your site and the purchase receipt is on my statment from june 2012 i think it is kind regards john

May 12, 2014 9:52:04 AM via Website

Hi @John. The new AndroidPIT app v2.x cannot install apps for you. It simply replaces the old ''content'' app with a new one. The App Center app - downloaded from http://www.androidpit.com/install is and always has been the one to use for installing and updating apps bought from AndroidPIT. So you need to have it installed for your purchases and updates to work. We know it's a bit confusing and we apologize for that, but we couldn't update everything at the same time. It sounds like you do have that app installed already, but I have to double check!

However, it is up to app developers to upload new versions of their apps to our servers, so if you aren't getting updates through our App Center, or you can't reinstall, then you need to contact the developers to ask them what's up. This basically means we either don't have the latest version on our server or the whole thing has been removed by the developer. Because the app is theirs we can't take updated versions and distribute them to our community unless they give us the permission to do so (by uploading the new versions). I know we've had questions about Beautiful Widgets before.

Juts let me know if you have the App Center installed and logged in (go to My Apps in the bottom right corner to view and reinstall paid apps) and if Beautfiul Widgets is still not able to be installed, let me know and we can either refund you so you can reinstall from the Play Store, or you can get in touch with the developers.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

May 13, 2014 10:42:41 AM via Website

Hi I've reinstalled the app centre with the link u gave me but it still will not let me install beautifully live widgets I've even typed it on a search through the app centre and when it comes up it says purchased so I click on it and it says not yet available you will be re rooted to the app store kind regards john

May 20, 2014 11:31:03 AM via Website

Hi John, as I recall, the developer of Beautiful Widgets removed the app from our App Center, so your options are to contact the developers (to see if they want to re-upload it) or we can refund you and you can purchase it through the Play Store. Just let me know if you want to do the refund and I'll get it done.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

May 20, 2014 11:44:29 AM via Website

Hi thanx for your reply is it possible to get a refund as to be honest I only joined your app centre for that app I put £5 in my wallet paid for beautiful widgets and the rest has stayed in my wallet ever since as there are no other apps u have got I'm interested in so if there is any way 2 get the refund plus what is left in my wallet I will get it of the play store thanx again kind regards john

Jun 24, 2014 10:36:52 PM via Website

Hi thanx for your reply i replied to you on the 20/5/14 and still have not recieved a reply from you is it possible to get a refund as to be honest I only joined your app centre for that app I put £5 in my wallet paid for beautiful widgets and the rest has stayed in my wallet ever since as there are no other apps u have got I'm interested in so if there is any way 2 get the refund plus what is left in my wallet I will get it of the play store thanx again kind regards john

Jun 25, 2014 12:20:41 PM via Website

Hey @John, my apologies. I had passed on your request for a refund but I guess I got it a little bit wrong (and it never happened).

Because the developer of Beautiful Widgets - LevelUp Studio - already has your money (which we forward onto them), you'll have to contact them for the refund. As I mentioned earlier though, they may just send you a download link so you don't need to worry about a refund/re-purchase.

We'll reimburse your PayPal account for the balance of your account though. Sorry for the mix up and for leaving you in the dark! Hopefully everything will be sorted now..