question about rca table

• Replies:7
Scott Thompson
  • Forum posts: 5

May 11, 2014, 6:09:12 AM via Website

Hi I am trying to find someone who has or knows how to root this tablet my wife got me from Walmart. It is a 7 inch rca A2HRCT6272W23 jellybean 4.2, 1 G dual core processor. Thanks in advance.

Scott Thompson

May 12, 2014, 4:10:34 AM via Website

I guess no one has ever heard of rca before admin edit*

— modified on May 12, 2014, 10:22:17 AM by moderator

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

May 12, 2014, 10:32:04 AM via Website

Hey John,

You are totally right, we don't accept foul or offensive language in the forum.

It's unfortunate that no one has answered you yet Scott, but freaking out won't help either. I personally have never heard of an RCA before, but after a little bit of snooping around, I found this possible solution:

Root by first installing the pdanet drivers (for adb access). And then using the kingo app, which you can get from http://www.kingoapp.com/.
It's free but closed source. You can find it via this youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MiZtZCqu4k

Worked even with the 1.0.2 update installed.

I found the solution over at the XDA developer webiste. so if you are still having problems, you can check to see if there is another solution there.

Scott Thompson

May 12, 2014, 12:05:43 PM via Website

Lol thanks I'm just glad to see someone is alive here, and thanks for the information. The solution you mentioned worked like a charm

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 12, 2014, 12:23:44 PM via Website

@Scott we all are alive here, but the problems we faced is as there are thousands of active visitors on this forum and several new threads are being created makes your post getting dumped inside the loads of thread and you know that which is left unseen by the knowledgable person i.e. the one that can help you. Anyway I am glad that your query is answered thanks to @Loie.

Scott Thompson

May 12, 2014, 12:33:18 PM via Website

Understood, and I hope if someome buys this tablet they now know how it can be rooted thanks to you. See ya on the flip side