Android vs HTML5 vs iOS

• Replies:1
Alis Nikol
  • Forum posts: 9

May 12, 2014, 12:11:27 PM via Website

Without considering games, what are the current real benefits of programming with the native APIs for Android and iOS instead of HTML5 ? People keep saying HTML5 is a great promise, isn't it already a valid option ? What you think?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 12, 2014, 12:43:24 PM via Website

Well, I am quite actually not a developer by profession but anyway I think I can comment on this, according to me the benefits of using native API's is the applications developed in native API isn't dependent on the data connection for their working i.e. they can work even when there is no active data connection mostly gaming application are build using the native APIs, HTML5 based applications are lite application and works just like the Native application but the major problem with them is one the data connection is lost the application can't work out. So, i think you must be getting the advantage with native apps because I think you know that still wireless data connection is unreliable and once the data connection vanishes you are stuck in the middle that's is why there is a third option which is called Hybrid mobile application development. :) Now the Good thing with it is it has the benefits of Native as well as the Web based i.e. HTML5 based mobile application, but it doesn't have the cons of HTML5. The main problem with this type of app development is they are much more costly.... :(

— modified on May 12, 2014, 1:10:18 PM