Motorola Moto X — How to improve Moto X battery

• Replies:4
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

May 14, 2014, 11:36:05 AM via Website

Hey everyone!!

If you are having troubles with the battery on your Moto X, it may be time to fix it with a little tweak. This procedure that will be described below will NOT actually remove any files or settings on your Moto X, but it will remove any temporary files that are the reason the battery is draining more than usual. This is what you should do BEFORE even thinking of doing a factory reset.

• Power down the Moto X. Press the Volume down and Power button for 2-3 seconds.
  • Use the Volume down key and scroll through the options to Recovery. Press the Volume Up key to make a selection.
  • The Motorola logo will then display, followed by the Android in distress logo.
  • Press and hold the Volume up key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the Volume up key tap and let go of the Power key.
  • Additional menu options will be displayed and some text will appear in blue.
  • With the Volume down key, scroll to wipe cache partition. Use the Power Key to select.
  • A partition wipe will then be performed.
  • The Moto X will reboot as usual.

Did this work for you?

Don Canaan
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 2, 2014, 5:33:00 PM via Website

Didn't work for me.

Press and hold the Volume up key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the Volume up key tap and let go of the Power key.

Did it

Additional menu options will be displayed and some text will appear in blue.

Never appeared

With the Volume down key, scroll to wipe cache partition. Use the Power Key to select.
A partition wipe will then be performed.
The Moto X will reboot as usual.

jessica delia
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 8, 2014, 10:59:39 AM via Website

why not install a battery-saving app? like battery boost

CJ Brown
  • Forum posts: 32

Dec 8, 2014, 5:27:08 PM via Website

Great tips (thank you for sharing)

Unfortunately, too many steps for my fingers

I'm sure most will resort to a 'battery boost' app

I wonder if there is a new access to the cache memory
that doesn't require so many steps using Power and
Volume Buttons

Elvin S.
  • Forum posts: 24

Oct 30, 2017, 5:29:34 AM via Website

Manage your screen settings
Drag the notification panel down from the top of your screen and tap > Settings > Display. Choose Brightness or Sleep and select a lower setting.
Turn off the screen when you're not using it by pressing the Power/Lock button.
Avoid live wallpapers as these drain your battery faster.