Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Gallery App not responding in Samsung Note 3

• Replies:3
Byron Garay
  • Forum posts: 7

May 21, 2014, 2:52:16 AM via App

I have this consistent problem everytime i want to enter the stock Gallery app in my phone, it says:"Unforntunately Gallery app has stopped working" and the app closes, i have no way to access.

I have cleared cache and data, forcr stop, etc... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT Please? Btw my phone is rooted...

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

May 21, 2014, 12:42:51 PM via Website

Hey Byron!

Here are the solutions I propose:

1) So you have done the first of the things I would recommend, being clearing app storage, which goes like this:

• First, you must navigate to the settings on your Android smartphones.
  • Scroll down until you see Application Manager or Apps, the name differs per Android device.
  • Swipe left until you find the ‘All’ applications tab.
  • Scroll down to the app that stopped and tap on it.
  • Here you will clear the data and cache.

2) You can also try uninstalling any updates

3) Do a soft reset, meaning rebooting your phone. Make sure you turn your device off every few days.

4) If that doesn't fix it, you may have a corrupted media file that's causing the app to crash. The only way I know to find that would be to copy all your media files to a computer, and delete them from the phone. If that solves the issue, then try copying back just a small number of files at a time. When the app starts crashing again, you'll know the bad file was in that last batch.

5) You could use an alternate Gallery app like QuickPic which is free and a better organizer.

6)) Lastly, you can try to enable/disable the paper artist app by tapping on settings> more>application manager> All. There you'll find paper artist just tap on it and enable it.

I know this may seem like all very random solutions, but these have proved successful for other users. Let me know what worked for you! And don't hesitate to ask questions in the future.:)

DinyM
  • Forum posts: 1

May 24, 2015, 4:38:57 PM via Website

On KitKat and Lollipop on my Note 4, Gallery and Camera were hanging until I changed Settings > Cloud under Dropbox select Pictures - turn OFF sync to Gallery. Then select Videos - turn OFF sync to Gallery.

This does not stop your camera from uploading new pictures to Dropbox.

Any Syncing of Pictures and Video from other Cloud services to Gallery could also be causing the issue.