Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Saving altered MS Word files from a PC back to the Note 3.

• Replies:1
Brian Hewat
  • Forum posts: 1

May 25, 2014, 7:53:01 AM via Website

I recently purchased a Galaxy Note 3 and have transferred my MS Word work files from my PC to the Note 3. I am able to read and alter the files from the Note 3 when out and about; however, when I get home and connect the Note 3 to the computer and add new material to a file it will not save back to the Note 3. It gives me a message saying “ cannot save read only file”. I have installed both Polaris Office 5 and Office Suite 7 on the Note 3 and both allow me to edit files on the Note 3 and save them. Neither will save them from the PC. Any ideas will be most welcome.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 26, 2014, 7:34:42 AM via Website

Well, I think the file is locked and is in the read only mode what you can do is try creating another Word work file and copy the content of the Read only file to the new Work file, now you can add or edit the file once the editing completes save the new MS word work file over to your Note. :) I think this is way more simple you just need to apply some tricks. ;)