How to get better GPS reception

• Replies:0
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 11, 2014, 11:55:38 AM via Website

GPS is so important to today's smartphones that signal strength is paramount. After all, it could be very dangerous to spend the day happily trailblazing in the woods or urban jungle with the expectation that your GPS will save the day if it can't give you accurate readings? I've seen enough of those films to know I'd be eating my friend by dinner time.

So what to do? We've covered these topics in further detail in this article about how to improve your GPS signal on Android, but the basics are:

Calibrate your compass with an app like GPS Essentials. GPS Essentials will also help you troubleshoot the problem as either hardware or software related.

You can also reset your GPS data in case the satellite is the problem, not your device. GPS Status & Toolbox will help you get a clean start.

You might also need to get yourself new firmware on your device because the current one is causing issues with your GPS. Check out the article for more info and the forum for any other issues you encounter.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting