Samsung SIII

• Replies:7
Eldrin Jayrerd
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 12, 2014, 10:44:43 AM via Website

Hey ya'all . I wanna ask something about my samsung s3 gt-I9300. My battery drain much faster. it will decrease -1% in 1-2 minutes. Im not a big apps user but i realise this happen after i root it and after that im unrooted it . factory reset. it just same. is it cause by custom rom or battery problem ?.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 12, 2014, 11:33:03 AM via Website

Well, @Eldrin I don't think we can guess where the problem is, it might be because of the custom ROM, Battery problem or both.

I would suggest first try checking the battery, I remembered a trick shared by AndroidPit user @Mobile Crackers Remove your battery, put it over the flat surface, and try to spin it. If it starts rotating then get ready to buy a new one, because the battery might be swollen and needs replacement, otherwise I try flashing the stock ROM over your S3. :angel:

Here have a look at our post How to install KitKat on Galaxy S3 by Kris Carlon . :)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 12, 2014, 11:33:46 AM via Website

Eldrin Jayrerd

Hey ya'all . I wanna ask something about my samsung s3 gt-I9300. My battery drain much faster. it will decrease -1% in 1-2 minutes. Im not a big apps user but i realise this happen after i root it and after that im unrooted it . factory reset. it just same. is it cause by custom rom or battery problem ?.

you can tell if your phone's battery is bad by putting it on a flat surface and trying to "spin" it If it spins, supposedly the battery is swollen and needs to be replaced.

are you using a custom rom ?

Ready To Help You.

Eldrin Jayrerd

Jun 12, 2014, 1:40:25 PM via Website

Yes im using custom rom but im trying to flashtock to my origin firmware using odin and i dont know why odin doesn't detect my device.

Deactivated Account

Jun 12, 2014, 1:54:23 PM via Website

Eldrin Jayrerd

Yes im using custom rom but im trying to flashtock to my origin firmware using odin and i dont know why odin doesn't detect my device.

disable antivirus from phone and pc
try different versions of odin
install latest version of samsung Usb drivers
use usb port behind the cpu
do not use an usb hub
first clear data and cache from recovery

make sure
Re-Partition-- Unchecked
Auto reboot and F-reset time checked

— modified on Jun 12, 2014, 1:58:50 PM

Ready To Help You.

Eldrin Jayrerd

Jun 13, 2014, 6:53:35 AM via Website

it run well and said pass but when im trying to update software it said your "device had been modified". How come ?

Deactivated Account

Jun 13, 2014, 7:04:57 AM via App

Your phone is rooted, you need to unroot to update your phone vie OTA
but flashing usually removes root
Download the latest firmware and flash it with odin

— modified on Jun 13, 2014, 7:22:01 AM

Ready To Help You.