Motorola Moto G — How to factory reset the Moto G

• Replies:13
  • Stickied
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 12, 2014, 11:18:30 AM via Website

A hard reset is a good way to fix some software related problems on your Motorola Moto G. This should however be one of your last resorts, there are often less intense methods to fix many of your Android problems. Try turning your phone off for a while and then restart it, or take the battery out. Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best.

Before attempting a hard reset, ensure that you have backed up all of your data beforehand. There are a number of good apps that can do this, such as Titanium Backup, Carbon Backup and Helium.

To reset your device:

1. Touch the Menu icon
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Backup & reset
  4. Touch Factory Data Reset
  5. Touch Reset Phone

It's as easy as that :)

— modified on Jul 29, 2014, 10:10:28 AM

Lalit MIRAL
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 23, 2014, 3:23:24 PM via Website

Hello Scott,

I've bought a new Moto G today and i am facing a strange problem. The phone gets clicked automatically, so when i open camera, it shoots without clicking as well as on home screen it opens google search automatically. Could you suggest any solution to this problem.

*admin edit: personal email address not allowed *

— modified on Sep 1, 2014, 2:00:02 PM by moderator

Sonny Choudhary
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 1, 2014, 1:30:24 PM via Website

Hi lalit.

i am also facing same problem

please let me know if got some solutions for the same

— modified on Sep 1, 2014, 1:59:54 PM by moderator

rahul bj
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 7, 2014, 10:00:57 AM via App

try a factory reset

Scott Adam Gordon

bruna mary
  • Forum posts: 13

Sep 8, 2014, 10:07:29 AM via Website

Yes its easy and so simple. good luck..

Scott Adam Gordon

Sep 8, 2014, 11:32:13 AM via Website

Lalit MIRAL

Hello Scott,

I've bought a new Moto G today and i am facing a strange problem. The phone gets clicked automatically, so when i open camera, it shoots without clicking as well as on home screen it opens google search automatically. Could you suggest any solution to this problem.

Hey,

Have you updated it to the latest Android version?

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Sep 8, 2014, 11:39:43 AM via Website

First of all you both have to try factory reset, follow those instructions, after reset if you still facing a problem so i advice you to contact your nearest moto care center.

Scott Adam Gordon

Sep 8, 2014, 11:52:23 AM via Website

herry prothyer

First of all you both have to try factory reset, follow those instructions, after reset if you still facing a problem so i advice you to contact your nearest moto care center.

Big thanks to you and everybody else for getting involved here :D IFA stuff last week has kept us pretty busy on the website!

kumaran

Dec 14, 2014, 7:34:55 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Lalit MIRAL

Hello Scott,

Hey,

Have you updated it to the latest Android version?

am also facing the same issue can you help me??

kumaran

Dec 14, 2014, 7:36:16 PM via Website

Dear Herry,

I've bought a new Moto G today and i am facing a strange problem. The phone gets clicked automatically,without clicking as well as on home screen it opens google search automatically. Could you suggest any solution to this problem.

I have done the factory reset option also..

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 31, 2016, 5:38:54 PM via Website

It's probably hardware issue, if it's still under warranty, try to get it replaced.

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 7, 2016, 11:46:41 AM via Website

thanks alot for this info

ICC ICC
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 25, 2019, 4:17:59 AM via Website

Much appreciated.

ICC ICC
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 25, 2019, 4:36:58 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

A hard reset is a good way to fix some software related problems on your [Motorola Moto G][1]. This should however be one of your last resorts, there are often less intense methods to fix many of your Android problems. Try turning your phone off for a while and then restart it, or take the battery out. Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best.

Before attempting a hard reset, ensure that you have backed up all of your data beforehand. There are a number of good apps that can do this, such as Titanium Backup, Carbon Backup and Helium.

To reset your device:

1. Touch the Menu icon
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Backup & reset
  4. Touch Factory Data Reset
  5. Touch Reset Phone

It's as easy as that :)

[1]: https://www.nextpit.com

I have been facing various issues with my motorola phone but after reading you post i feel that all my issues will get fix now. This thread is really amazing. I am thankful to you for sharing the lovely information. Thanks