Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Just got Note3. So I will need to buy all proprietary USB cords??

• Replies:3
Bobbie Howard
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 12, 2014, 9:36:43 PM via Website

I just got my Note3 from Credo/Sprint yesterday. I've got the basics activated and running but was not expecting the proprietary USB charging cord.
So evidently I'll need to buy new cords so I can charge the Note3 in my car? And if I don't want to keep unplugging/plugging the one that came in the box and moving it around?
Am I missing something?
Any help/direction for this newbie would be appreciated. My previous smartphone was the Samsung SG3.
Thanks very much.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2,078

Jun 12, 2014, 9:51:09 PM via App

Hi, you can use the your 'older', standard USB chords as well as the new one, which is USB3.the main difference is data transfer speed to PC.

Bobbie Howard
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 12, 2014, 11:14:35 PM via Website

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your telling me that. I didn't realize that I could still plug in the old USB cord on the right side of the plug-in area. But I just tried it and shazam - it plugs in just fine and is charging as I type this.

I don't have any crucial data that requires a higher data speed. So the standard car charger I used for the SG3 should still work for the Note3, right?

That is a huge load off my mind! Thank you again.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 13, 2014, 4:59:24 AM via Website

@bobbie, if you don't have any crucial data to transfer then you can use the car charger but if you want to update your phone with kies, to get a better speed you can use new charger (USB3)

Ready To Help You.

Bobbie Howard