Samsung Galaxy S4 mini — WiFi problems useage

• Replies:4
chris brennan
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 14, 2014, 12:35:27 PM via Website

Hi everybody
Not having connection problems like other users - quite the reverse

Have just upgraded from S3 to S4 mini and my data useage has increased about 10x

I have historically used about 2 mB per day on Twitter and general searches but now with new phone I am using around 25 / 30 mB a day for same activities

On the S3 I always had WiFi set to on but find I now have to turn S4 off every time I finish an activity

Am I missing something?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 16, 2014, 7:25:02 AM via Website

Well @Chris It's harsh truth but Android devices are always hungry for Data connection I don't know how that 2mb/day historical use per day? :O I will suggest you to, switch with the operator that offer unlimited plan. Personally, I don't think there is any trick which can help you out with, but I have heard that there are some application that turns the off the data connection when you exceed.... :?

Tell you what as you move towards the newer version of Android you will be seeing increase in the data consumption, and I don't think that there is any app or.... that can help you with reducing your data consumption instead of it switch to unlimited data plan. :angel:

chris brennan

Jun 16, 2014, 10:24:40 AM via Website

Thanks for response, John

I know androids are data-hungry but was astonished at increase of over 10x for same useage simply by changing Samsung S3 for Samsung S4.

I have an app that warns me when data limit is approached, that's what alerted me to problem in first instance

Thanks for comments

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 16, 2014, 10:38:55 AM via Website

You've just switched to S4, I think as your device is new the Google Play Services application may be running in the background and consuming data. Do one thing try checking the back ground data consumption of the Google Play service app by going to the settings>data usage. If the usage of Google Services is pretty much high then I would recommend you to first update your device over wifi network. Once the update completes the excessive data usage will came down.

chris brennan

Jun 16, 2014, 3:24:20 PM via Website

Hi John, thanks for more suggestions

I have switched off background data options on most apps and will see how that affects performance and useage

Many thanks